TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I hurt myself it takes ages to heal e.g. I hurt fell on a metal step in the gym 1 and half years ago and the area is still tender and had a scab covering it until this past christmas. My doctor says it's the most unusual thing he's ever seen.

I'm used it. My entire body is full of scars caused by injuries that should not have left any.

Is this one of the symptoms of Lupus?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Elleagain;511852 said:
When I hurt myself it takes ages to heal e.g. I hurt fell on a metal step in the gym 1 and half years ago and the area is still tender and had a scab covering it until this past christmas. My doctor says it's the most unusual thing he's ever seen.

I'm used it. My entire body is full of scars caused by injuries that should not have left any.

Is this one of the symptoms of Lupus?
Have you had a work-up for diabetes? That is one of the most common reasons for delayed healing.

How's your nutritional status? Do you eat a balanced diet? Take vitamin and mineral suppliments? Sub-optimal nutrition can delay healing as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've had diabetes tests, I take my multi vitamins religiously as I have been for at least 10 years and I excercise regularly. I also try and avoid sugar, fatty foods and alcohol.

I simply don't know what else to do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts