The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I hope that you are all doing well. I need some help to try and figure this out. I went to the er a week ago wednesday and it seems that I have spurs all over my body. I went because I had some real hard pains in my back and they were getting sharper the more I moved. The nice doctor had some xrays taken and it seems that I have spurs all up and down my spine. They are in my shoulders, elbows, and I know that I have a bone spur in the right knee also.

What are all of these from? I can't seem to get an answer for the gp other than it is caused by trama to the area. What does that mean? All I know is this stuff really hurts. I have a high level of tolerance for pain but this is more than I can handle. They have me on muscle relaxers again, but I can't live on them. The er doctor and the gp both agree that it would too risky to have surgery to have them removed all they can do is try and manage the pain.

I am hanging in there but for how long not so sure. Does anyone have any advise for me or tell me what is in store for me with these darn spurs on my spine?

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Tammy,

It all sounds very painful :hug: There can be different causes for your bone spurs (osteophytes) and your Rheumy is probably the best person to ask about what might be causing them in your case. Sometimes people have them and they don't cause any pain (me ;)) but in others they cause a lot of pain. I guess that depends on where they are located and why they formed in the first place.

Here's a pretty good article about it all:

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/bone_spurs/article_em.htm

I hope your Rheumy can offer up some suggestions and treatment.

love
Lily

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lily,
Thank you that helped a little, there are just so many why questions that maybe have no answers. It gave me a starting point in which to seek more answers to those questions.

I hope you are doing well and feeling well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts