The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a bone scan on monday, then my next Rheumy appt for all the latest lot of results is mid July. I'm just feeling fed up and a bit anxious. My back has been hurting a lot worse recently, and I can only wear crocs on my feet now (and I don't even like them really) but any other shoes leave my foot so painful I can't walk in the evening. I wish this process didn't take so long.....
When I have my next appt he'll probably say "well, there's something going on, but I don't know what so we'll do more tests!" just like he did last time. I've been in pain for a year now and even if its nasty I'm starting to wish for any diagnosis rather than this uncertainty.
Sorry. Just moaning.

Wendy

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Hi Wendy

Im sorry you are in so much pain. It can sometimes be a slow, frustrating process trying to get a diagnosis.

Can you see your GP while you are waiting on your appointment? There are pain medications out there that can help with symptoms in the meantime.

Hang in there Wendy. We will try and support you all we can. Dont be afraid to tell your GP how much pain you are in. Symptom relief is very important.

Much love and strength
Joan:rose:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hi Wendy

I can so relate with you. I too have felt awful for over the past year and just don't seem to get straight answers:mad:

It started with possible ctd, vasculitis or lupus and then yesterday Rheumy mentions fibromyalgia ( I too feel completely overwhelmed by things and would love a definite answer and then maybe just maybe start dealing with things!)

I hope the bone scan goes well and you must let me know as I too have to go for a bone density scan.:worried:

You are definitely not moaning and please keep your chin up.

I hope you feel better real soon or at least get answers.

Mrs M x

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Hi wendy, I am sorry but I am not familiar with your first few [posts, but
you seem to have some things going wrong inside and it deffinately seems like
you are in pain. I would tell your GP that the pain, at times , is so terribly bad
that it is interrupting your life on a daily basis, and could he at least give you some-
thing for pain.There are lupies here that have been waiting for a diagnosis either more or less than ten yrs. Wendy, we will always support you---But Do Not Give Up.

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
I know what you mean about wanting a dx or some sort.

At least it would be a answer to a lot of unanswered things going on.

Sorry your feeling so bad and please keep us posted.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
are you having a bone scan, or a bone density scan ? They are two different things. I have had both, for different reasons.

Best of luck with whichever test you are having - hope it figures out what is wrong with you.

cheers

raglet

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone.

The scan itself (not the density sort) was fine - they even fitted me in an hour early since I got there early, which was great since the hospital is an hour and a half drive away.

I managed to speak to my GP re how I am at the moment and she's prescribed me additional pain relief so hopefully that'll see me through till my next Rheumy appt where hopefully I'll get some answers.

Wendy

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Dear Wendy , Hope it goes well for you.
Can I be really crafty and suggest that if you need to set up any Health Insurance or anything of that sort please do it now. A Lupus diagnosis can make this really hard. I wasn't clued in enough to know this, but my Daughter luckily had Insurance before her diagnosis so the Lupus does not count as a pre existing condition so she is still covered for Lupus treatment.
hope this makes sense, my brain is awful and it is the middle of the night.
x Lola

1 - 8 of 8 Posts