The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys need help my reg doc said i have " 2 big honking bone spurs , 1 on my bottom heel the other on the achelies ( sorry my spelling bites i blame the lupus:lol:) the foot doc says the pain won't be bad if i can control the swelling of the tissue around those spots (hahahaha i let him know that my illness doesn't want to coprate ) the cortisone injections caused more pain
he has me on predinsone ( got super sick, the kids brought home a nasty virus
at the wrong time) he doesn't want to do surgery because of lupus diabeties
slow healing , but he has mentioned putting in a cast to control swelling
( my other docs havent been able to control leg swelling for 4yrs) so does anyone have any ideas please
also need big fave my mom has been told by her rumy doc that she's got
sojurnes. we can't find much info on what type of dietary thing s to ease symptoms. does those joint juice drinks work ? any imput would be great

thanks
and take care
susan

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
so sorry susan hope you found the help you needed, try google it

take care Lin xxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
My swelling has diminished dramatically now that I'm not working. Its not sitting in a computer chair all day long. Plus I spend 30 mins in the pool and 10 in the whirlpool three days a week. I think all of that helps.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you
new update, the doc has decided that i can have surgery, aug 7th .
but he said he can only remove one of the spurs,because he has never removed two on the same foot in the positions that mine are (the lucky one is on my achelies heel area the other which gets to stay is on the bottom of my heel ) i go in for pre op on the 31st. so cross your fingers for me
I'm getting the house preped for my recovery ( telling the kids keep your stuff off the floor , you know asking for miricles :lol:)showing my man how to do laundry proper ( he believes the more soap the better :eek:) since my 2 mini strokes, he has realized that i realy am sick, so he has been so much
nicer. the only thing that scares him more is the idea of our daughter dating
or even liking boys :rotfl:
oh well keep smiling right girls
thanks again
take care

·
The vortex of insanity!
154 Posts
I had surgery on a weird little bone spur in my foot that was caused by an avascular necrosis, in April.

I wish you luck with teaching the guy how to do laundry! My dad has wrecked so many loads of clothes, how many times do you have to say red bleeds into white before they get it?! :p I wish you luck on your surgery, anything in the foot is slow healing so take it easy, and don't get up right away, like I did, it just makes it slower.

·
Registered
115 Posts
hi i had a nasty bone spur in my left heal for about 4 years and at last got a dr who would inject it it took 3 injections over a year to sort it out but now have no pain with when they did the injections they used some local first but it was still sore but one minuite of pain was ok for the relief i got was great
no propblems now for about 3 years

1 - 6 of 6 Posts