The Lupus Forum banner

Brain fog teaching me an expensive lesson!

900 views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  Taree 
#1 ·
I was wondering how long it would be before my dodgy memory taught me a nasty lesson... had so many mixed up orders with last minute changes...left my office for 2 seconds to take despatch delivery notes and our work cell phone is now missing. I know I used it this morning and I'm ALMOST sure I put it in it's usual place also found it strange that one of the pick up guys used the toilet nearest the office. But now I can't remember which of them it was! We tried to call it but it was switched off, we never switch it off so clearly it was swiped. It's a R5000 phone for which I am now liable! Cannot believe I was so careless!!!!

Sorry to go on, this is so petty in comparison to everyone elses real problems but people who steal freak me out!

Thanks for listening X T X

#2 ·
Brain Fog

Hi Taree what a horrid thing to happen i dont know how anyone can do such a thing but it is not your fault so dont blame your self it was not you that took it i do hope they find who took it and give them the boot why are you liable for it best wishes from elisabeth

#3 ·
((Taree))

Oh, what a terrible thing to happen to you. I am sorry, that thief, has caused you stress.

I hope, the person develops a conscience and returns the phone.

I wish, I could offer some real help..I can only say, I am sorry that happened
to you. :(

Sandy

#4 ·
Hey Taree :hug:

So sorry to read about your predicament. I know that there is nothing I can say that would probably make you feel better because I would be feeling very much the same if I was in your shoes... I tend to worry about everyone and feel guilty about everything even if it is beyond my control.

BUT....It is so NOT your fault if some dimwit has a problem with light light-fingeredness, they are the one with the problem so please don't beat yourself up about this! I hope they find the numpty that did this and make him PAY!!!!:tantrum:

Take care and I hope everything turns out ok, will be thinking of you

HUGS and stuff

Claire

#5 ·
Hi Taree,

Please don't beat yourself up, we've all done things like that. I really hope it turns up for you.

Hugz, :hug:

Pam xxx

#6 ·
Please don't beat yourself up, things like that could happen to anyone, brain fog or not, I have lost three credit cards, one of which I never even had activated. They still haven't sent me a replacement, I think they must think I am a dope for losing so many cards and missing payments.:mad: Karly I will hope that someone catches the thief and make him/her pay.:mad:

#7 ·
Thanks guys. Woiuld've prefered if it were my phone, not hung up on material things- they're all replaceable. Boss-man not happy, insurance premium will now go up. Luckily he's a really nice guy so he didn't blow his top or call a formal meeting and I only have to settle R750- thank God! The driver and pick up guy from y-day are in a disciplinary meeting right now. We're not expecting much, when cell phones go missing here they're gone for good.

Wish I could find a way to focus! Bought a gift last month and left it somewhere in the mall so had to buy another one, used to call my ex babe b/c I was scared I'd say the wrong name, answer the phone and quickly have to check one of our pamphlets for the company name, actually introduced myself to someone the other day and hesitated with MY OWN name... that's actually quite funny. :lol: It's so crazy, but I guess you all know that!

X T X:)

#8 ·
((((taree))))

How frustrating!!people like that make me so angry :screamin: all I can say is 'what goes around comes around'.... I hope he get's his comeuppance!

I hope you get some answers after the disciplinary meeting,please let us know?
don't blame yourself taree,these things happen unfortunately!even to people without the lupie brain fog!I keep saying I would be dangerous with a brain :lol:

take care ..karen

#9 ·
I'm sorry to hear of your misadventure Taree :(

I keep wondering when I'll do something totally daft due to brain fog, I have had a few near misses :lol:

Katharine

#10 ·
My boss is on his way to lay the charge and open up a docket. I'm not sur what the procedure is from now. Don't think the client will up-date us on the disp hearing and since we can't prove anything I doubt the guys will not admit theft as they'll lose their jobs. On the up-side this has now drawn attention to our lack of security so we're taking it as a little wake up call to avoid any serious future probs... Everthing for a reason!

Ha ha Karen... think I'm becoming a danger to my sanity thes days! prob best I don't have full use of my brain! :lol:

Ta Katharine... I don't mind so muchif it's at home - my dogs think it's xmas when they accidentally get a second supper!:rotfl:

#11 ·
:rotfl: Haha Taree, my poor dog, every time he looks at me with his ears back and those big liquid eyes, I wonder "crikey, have I forgot to feed him again?" It's not helped by him never eating when I feed him, he has a very leisurely attitude so his bowl could be full or empty at almost any time of the day :lol:

#12 ·
Hi Taree, I am so glad that you found the lighter side of this goofball
fog. I honestly don't think there is one lupie on this board that hasen't been in your situation. Lately I have been thinking of bringing up the subject to my Rheumy, but I am chicken, plus I am afraid of what she will say. So,your post was a good thing, in a way, it showed me that I
got a little bit further to go on the "FOG" dept, before they put me away.

#13 ·
Heard from the insurance company today and the excess is R500 not R750 - YAY! Robbie (our dispatch gent) feels responsible for letting them into the factory so he is going to pay half. Only R250 - YAY YAY YAY!

Katharine: My goodness, I'd be constantly confuddled! Doggins are so spoilt with half cooked food(enough for both meals for 2 days) and half chunks so if the pot's full i know they havn't been fed yet but when it's half way I'm not so sure. Am now trying to feed them at a specific time every day! Is your avatar a pic of your doggins?

Halfpintfl: Tis better to laugh than to cry! Please bring it up with your rheumy though, what's the worst she could say? I think we should chat to Alwin about starting a lupy bin (instead of loony bin) at her fantasy home! No straight jackets, just a bunch of foggy peeps chilling out!

Ta to all for the words of encouragement, really appreciate it!:)

#14 ·
Thats great news Taree:) If my currency converter is right thats about equivalent to 20 euro - not bad at all!

I reckon all cell phones should be fitted with an anti-theft device - say something that can be remotely activated and that emits a shrill alarm that wont turn off until you have the proper code for it. Better still - how about a mini explosive device that sprays the robber with bright blue paint that can only be removed by a substance stored at a police station! Hee hee...what fun we would have looking at all the smurfs going round :hehe:

Luv n stuff
Joan:rose:

#15 ·
I'm glad you won't have to pay the full cost but I don't know why you have to pay at all unless it is clearly stated that you must not leave the cell phone unattended, or the office it's in unlocked, and have been provided with something to carry it around in
It sounds like revision of procedures might be needed and tightening up.

This sort of thing can happen to anybody lupus or not.

Cheers
Clare

#16 ·
Yay, so glad you don't have to pay all that, though I feel you shouldn't have to pay anything but...

Yes, my avatar is my border collie Glen, he was 8 months in the picture, he's now just over a year old.

Katharine

#17 ·
Hi Taree

Reading this thread i feel some people are bent on ruining my garden!

I'm sorry about the theft. i struggle with thieves - just want to squash them.

My son was actually threatened with a knife whilst 2 young men stole his bicycle from under him on a quiet country lane a couple of years ago. he was about 14. No no sooner had he saved up and bought another than somebody broke into our garage and stole his new one. There were 5 bikes in the garage, but they took his.

If people want to steal from you they just will.

On a happier note - I will repeat the story again - my grandma once put her urine specimen for a doctor's appointment in a used miniature whiskey bottle and somebody stole it right out of her bag! REVENGE IS SWEET!!!!!!!!!!

I suggest you leave a little something 'enticing' on your desk then simply follow the direction of the loud rooowllffing noises! Chilli flavoured choc chip cookies ... or you could dab a little of that anti-nail- biting solution on the edge of a nice biscuit ...

One of my old office colleagues once put a steradent tablet on the top of his extra strong mints tube because somebody kept pinching them. Not a very safe thing to do, but we found out within 2 hours who'd been doing it when our other colleague suddenly flew out of the office looking panic stricken and frothing at the mouth!

#18 ·
Alwin you do make me laugh:lol:

i hate theives too. My nephew bought himself a nice moped to get to his first job and somebody nicked it within a month:mad:

On the brain fog issue.......
I recently just stopped myself from pouring pancake mix straight onto the stove..........I forgot to put the pan on:eek:
Chin up Taree you are in good company

#19 ·
Joandublin... Fantastic idea! How about a special dye that penetrates the skin so deep it takes a year to "grow" out? people who have sticky fingers should be exposed for all to see!

Clare T... Apparantly I ws told to guard it with my life but I don't recall that. It is in our contracts that we'd be liable for negligence and he could've been nasty and make us replace it instead of having his premium go up. We now have a system in place that will ensure it doesn't happen again so all is well!

Katharine... He is a beautiful pup! (My german shepherd was 12 human yrs and still my pup!) They're both really such lovable animals with the most expressful eyes... wouldn't it be great if they could talk?

Alwin... You described your garden way to beautifully we can't help but want a piece of it! Robbed at knife point just to hav the 2nd one stolen again... that's just sooooo wrong! Love Grandma's story+ some int ideas on flushing out sitcky fingers... with my lack of baking skills I prob wouldn't even have to "doctor" the cookies!

BigSis... Some people just have no respect for other peoples property, your nephew must've been so disappointed! Ha ha, luckily you stopped yourself in time! ... now I feel like pancakes... yum!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.