The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My urogynecologist sent me for an MRI, which showed plaque in the area of my brain that controls bladder function. He mentioned the possibility of MS. I'm now scheduled to see a neurologist. Can Lupus actually cause this problem in my brain? And could MS actually be mistaken for Lupus?

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Bladder trouble combined with certain types of brain plaque found in certain areas is usually suggestive of MS. However, lupus can cause brain plaques too. And there are some urologists that are certain that lupus itself can cause bladder trouble too. There's another condition, called APS=Anti-Phospholipid Syndrome or Hughes Syndrome often causes MS like symptoms but is easily treated with blood thinning medication.

These are all things to consider and ask your doctor about. To diagnose MS usually a lumbar puncture is done to look for certain proteins so what has been found so far is not enough to dx MS. I'm glad you're being sent to a neurologist - you should find the answer to your problem soon. Good luck with everything. Please let us know how it turns out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts