The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't had a diagnoses yet of Lupus, but recently had a diagnoses of Grave's Disease (hyerthyroidism). I have had pressure headaces all my life, like a tight band around my head, with stabbing pains now and then. My eyes water a lot, and I get a very emotional sensatiion with it. And having to think or be around anybody just makes it worse. Is this a symptom of Lupus, I also have Celiac Disease....these darn auto immune diseases.

The only thing that relieves this head pressure, feels like my head is going to explode, is to lay down and elevate my head for a few hours. Then it is manageable for a few more hours.

Any comments out there.

Thanks

Deb

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Deb and welcome :welcome:

Have you seen a Neuro about these headaches, they sound awful :hug:

They could be a symptom of so many things, so best to get it investigated by someone expert in the field.

Hope things improve for you soon.

love
Lily

·
Registered
19 Posts
Marshlakemom,
Woww! I have had this too for years! The pressure headaches I have never really been able to explain correctly...for me it hurts to the touch- its the muscles in the head basically- and NOTHING takes that away as far as advil, etc..... the brainfog is awful- and I've always blamed it on allergies but now I've been thinking lupus-
Love to know if this is a symptom of lupus ................... I had all of blood work done last week but apparently have to wait a MONTH for results--hmmm

·
Registered
642 Posts
Hi,
I too have these headaches. They've been with me on and off since a big flare a couple of years ago.
Just because they are a fairly common lupus problem don't dismis them.
My rheumie and I have been through a process of elimination(medications,) and investigations (for APS and MRI) and nothing has helped but the slow process of the lupus being better controlled.

take care

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I've had headaches nearly everyday for over 25 years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.