The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
I can only be myself
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to see the consultant on thursday about having a breast reduction. I've been having a lot of back trouble and neck and shoulder trouble which i believe to be because of my breast size. I can't get clothes to fit properly and getting bras is a nightmare.
I'm terrified at how this is going to affect my lupus, and not sure how worth it it'll be, and how my lupus will affect the surgery?
Any advice or info please?
I'm not sure what to do now, and i'm not sure of other alternatives :worried:

·
I can only be myself
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm a 30 H , one of mine is about 2-3 cups bigger than the other and as you can imagine getting a supportive bra is impossible. My mum was the one who was telling me to do it, she was worried about me having serious problems if i left it too long. But now she's gone I have noone really to talk to properly about why or how, and about worries etc. and she was my complete pillar of support for everything, now she's gone, i'm completely crumbling about the simplest of things, never mind something completely life changing like this :S

·
I can only be myself
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I went to the consult today.
He reckons from my problems it would be a good idea for the surgery, although he has to advise me against it due to the lupus and medications i am on. He's going to write to my rheumy and see what she thinks and if there's anything that can be done to make the surgery possible and her advice, and I'm going back to see him in 6 months :\

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.