The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

Just wondering if anyone else has suffered a breast ulcer and whether it has been related to Lupus? I woke up on Friday morning and noticed that my bra from the night before was stained. When I checked my breast I discovered a sort of lesion that was weeping. I didnt have any pain. My doc today confirmed it was an ulcer and prescribed a cream for it and daily dressings and to watch that it didnt get any worse or larger, etc. Its fairly small with an open wound.

Just wondering if anyone experienced this and whether it was connected with Lupus or just 'one of those things'.

Thanks
Joan:rose:

·
Registered
788 Posts
I have had two surgeries.. four years ago I had a lump.. rather large and the ultrasound showed that it was solid.. so they removed the lump and said it was benign.. four years later the same lump grew back even bigger.. went from my nipple into my under arm.. I had a small skin rash, tiny blister near it.. anyway after they tried to needle biopsy it and realized once again it was solid I was scheduled for another surgery, that was this March.. they removed the entire lump and some surrounding tissue.. and also placed a marker in there for the future. I was told and was emailed an article about woman who have lupus that also have benign breast masses... not sure if that is what your looking for, my if you look it up in google I believe that article will pop up..

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Hi Joan,
I've gotten yeast lesions under my breasts for years. I've seen my dermatologist about it and got ointment to use. I have found since that using the same cream for vaginal yeast treatment works the best to deal with these. If not caught early, these can create an ulcer type lesion.
I hope you improve soon.
Sally

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hi Joan,

I used to get these all the time on my breasts as well as my thighs. Sometimes they would go away on there own with the help of warm compresses and time. I would also use a ointment called black save that resembled black tar, very thick and smelled horrible.

A few times I have had to go to my GP to have them lanced and drained leaving me with scars, small yet noticeable. Mine were always painful and simply annoying.

I do not get these often any more, especially since I have lost so much weight yet on occassion I still deal with them. I do not know if it is a Lupus thing or just something else.

I sure hope you are done with this soon and on to healing.:wink2:

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Joan,

I'm the same as Karen, no advice, no idea but wanted to send a great big bear hug :grhug: and a big box of lovely Belgian chocolate :)

Katharine

·
11,410 Posts
Hi Joan,

I cant help you with your questions.
I wanted to send you some nice, soft, gentle hugs your way.:hug::hug:

I hope it clears up fast for you.
:love:
Lyn

·
Registered
368 Posts
Joan, I had a small amount of bleeding from my nipple a few yrs. ago. My MD and Surgeon thought it was nothing. Mammogram was OK. My surgeon decided to do a biopsy (he's very thorough). It was breast cancer. Luckily, it was early, had a mastectomy and doing good after 2 yrs. I don't want to scare you, but please get it checked out. If you have any questions or concerns, please e-mail me. Cathy

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Hi Joan, I have no useful info I am afraid, but I wanted to send you gentle (((( hugs )))). I hope you heal soon.

Take care

Deb x

·
florie
589 Posts
Hi Joan,
I have posted about this once before. I called it an abcess on the breast. Started out as a small red bump that was getting a fever type hotness to it. It became very painful. I went to the ER and they lanced it and drained it. Left a scar.
Not to long after that same breast same thing, went to er and lanced and drained it. Both times i was put on antibiotic . The fluid that was drained showed nothing. I dont know if this could be lupus related. But i hope you get some answers and feel better soon. Hugs to you.
Florie

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you all for the replies and good wishes. I will keep a good eye on it and make sure its healing properly and not getting any worse. If I get in any way worried I will go further about it.

Cheers
Joan:rose:

·
Old Timer
1,602 Posts
I hope that's the end of it for you Joan, or at least a very rare occurrence. :hug:

I would be happy if my lumps were like yours. I had one on my back that grew about tennis ball size, it was a sebaceous cyst. I'm sure any graphic details would be censored but you can Google it if your curious. :hehe: The last few infected lumps I've had came with a twist (MRSA). There is no feeling like it when those get cut into! :yell: :cry: In a few months my insurance kicks in so hopefully I will be able to look for a solution. For now it's heavy antibiotics to kill the infection and try to avoid another one. I can only chock it up to a broken immune system for now and hope to find a treatment that works very soon. Take care! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.