The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone its my birthday today dident know how to use the calander so thats why i havent put it on.im really down because i think all my family have forgotten me.usually i dont bother about it dut it seems to be a very down day.im feeling very depressed. im thinking about my little sister who died in january this year she had fibrmyalgia.she dident die from that she was diabetic lived on her own and went into a coma.very distressing for us all she was only 40 . but life goes on it can only get easier.sorry for being so down but at this moment i have no one else to talk to...bridie:shrug::sorry:

·
Inky
249 Posts
Dear Bridie

Sending you lots of love
:love2:
and some gentle hugs

:hug::hug::hug:

on your birthday.

:hapbirth:

from Sara
xxxx

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you sara see you live in manchester. i used to live in levenshulm for 3 years and thanks again for your quick reply.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Dear Bridie,

Sending you Birthday Hugs!

I'm afraid I'm not very good with the pretty computer pictures, but know that I am here, sitting and thinking of you and your family

love Cathy x

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
MANY BIRTHDAY HUGS BRIDIE. IM VERY SORRY TO LEARN OF THE SAD DEATH OF YOUR LITTLE SISTER. HOPE THESE MESSAGES BRING SOME COMFORT TO YOU.

:bday: :hapbirth: :bday: :hapbirth:

LUV N STUFF
JOAN:rose:

PS If you want to know how to make sure your birthday comes up on the calendar here is what to do.

At the top left of your screen you will see something called UserCP. Click into this and options come up to change your original profile.

On the left hand (under Control Panel) click into Edit your Details. This brings up a screen in the centre. The second section down has a heading:

Optional Information - All information will be viewable by other forum members.

In that section you will see Date of Birth. Make sure you enter the correct date of birth and directly under that there is a thing called Privacy. Click the little arrow on the right of this and choose 'Display Age and Full Date of Birth'.

Then MAKE SURE you scroll down to the bottom of the page and select the little box on the end which says 'SAVE CHANGES'. Hey Presto! Your birthday should then appear on the Calendar.

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Bridie,

I am so sorry to hear about your sister. These things do tend to hit us more at birthdays and times when everyone expects us to be celebrating.

Sending lots of gentle, healing hugs :grouphug2: and, of course, massive birthday wishes...

HAPPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIDIE!!!!

:hapbirth: :hapbirth: :hapbirth:​

Katharine

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Dear Bridie,

Happy Birthday, and I hope your year to come is better than the one just over

:hapbirth:

X C X

·
Registered
376 Posts
Oh Bridie, I'm very sorry to hear about your sister. I also lost a sister at age 43 from Hepatitis C from plasma that she received for her immunology disease. Life is not fair.

I understand when you have lost a loved one, it doesn't seem right that we should be celebrating while they are gone. I'm not sure how old you are, but I was afraid that I wouldn't make her age. Ironically, I was 42 when I had the blood clots and fluid on the lung which led to the diagnoses of Lupus. I remember my goal was to make it to my 43rd birthday. I thought if I make it I would be okay. And I was. I guess I'm just illustrating all the werid things that go through your head. Same thing when my brother died at age 23. You too, will be okay. It never goes away, but it hurts a little less as time goes on.

It's okay to celebrate. It's okay to think about yourself. Yes, acknowlegde your loss and know that your sister is with you in spirit. Then celebrate by doing something for yourself. I also hope that your family comes through for you. It won't be the same, but you can still start a new tradition(s) maybe.

I wish you all the best Bridie and I hope you have the best birthday possible. :dust: :birthday:

Nutty

·
Linda
39 Posts
Happy birthday sweetie!!

If it's any conslation, everyone forgets my birthday cos it's on Boxing Day!!!! Sort of overshadowed by the famous fella with a birthday the day before!!!!

Hope the day panned out to be better than you thought!

:party::party:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Happy Birthday Bridie

Sending you lots of birthday wishes :hapbirth:

Hope the day's turned out a little better.
:wishes:

Take Care Mrs M x

·
11,408 Posts
Happy Birthday Birdie.

Sending you lots of hugs your way.:hug::hug:

·
Registered
10 Posts
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR BRIDIE
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

Keep your chin up, its your birthday.

Hey BRIDIE ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY!!!! Enjoy!!!

Spicy

·
Inky
249 Posts
HI Bridie
I know Levenshulme, have friends there. We lived in Fallowfield very near by for 8 years. Sara

1 - 14 of 14 Posts