The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Did not know where to put this. I have not been on much in the past week and it was because one of my cats got very sick. She had a stroke and her kidneys started to fail. I had to put her to sleep Friday afternoon. She was my baby. I updated my picture that is her. The vet let me hold her so she would not be alone when she passed on. As she slipped away she took her paw to my face as if to say bye.

Her passing left a big whole in my heart. I had her cermated and she will have her own ern with her name on it, to honor her memory. Many of you feel the same as I do about your pets and thought I would post this so you know that you can be with them and make arrangements just like people these days.

The stress of loosing her is starting to take a toll on my body, along with this cold weather. This is one of the sad facts of life that we face with lots and lots of tears. Others will stay this is silly but in all honesty for the past 2 months the cats have been my saving grace as my daughter is now living her life as a young women. They have been and are my companions.

With sadness she is at peace and feels no more pain.
Tammy

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Dear Tammy,
My deepest sympathy on your loss. It is so difficult to lose a beloved pet and most people seem to miss the point that the grief can be as deep or deeper than the loss of a friend or of a human family member.
Grieve well and be well.
Douglas+

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Douglas,

Thank you for your kind words and your understanding that it is a very hard time. I to hope that you feel well.
Tammy

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Hi Tammy

Oh gosh i am so so so sorry to hear about your cat((((((((hugs))))))))).I am there for you and most certaintly understand this being a very emotional stress for you.I have two cats and would be so very upset or should say grief stricken if i had to do the same thing with them.I sure hope you know we are here for you.(hugs).

Tammy

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ok, I will tell you right now that I didn't even read the post... I read, "heartbroken, cat, sick, sleep" and I had to scroll down. I can't handle stories like that... not at all.

However, I want to share hugs and condolences. I'm so sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
27 Posts
So sorry

Oh Tammy, reading your sad news brought memories of my darling moggie flooding back. I had to put him to sleep in August and I still feel the pain of missing him so much. You have my every sympathy because it's a horrible experience.

I think that we are honoured that our cats choose to spend their lives with us, giving us priceless companionship -and we are so very lucky to be in a position to be able ease their pain and suffering when the time comes.

I still find fur-balls in the strangest of places and they bring back such memories. Fortunately though, I no longer have peculiar cat-gifts of soggy rodents to deal with!
Keep your chin up,
Freya

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
(((((((Tammy)))))))

Your post has me in tears and I feel so bad that your hurting right now. I am sorry about the death of your beloved pet and I hope that with time you find peace in the fact that she is not suffering right now.

I hope her passing was peaceful.

Hugs to you my friend.:wink2:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Tammy,

I am so sorry for the pain you are experiencing. As you know I am a cat lover myself, as I have 9 like you. I totally understand the pain you are feeling as I experienced it when I lost my Bo. They truly are the strings to our heart and when we lose them it is truly devestating. They ARE our companions and our life. Peace to your beloved cat.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am so sorry about your loss. I know the pain you are feeling, as I lost my cat of 13 years to cancer and it was like loosing a family member. It is such a difficult time for you and I am sorry for the hurt you are feeling. I hope you can find comfort with her memories.

Lots of hugs,
Scooter

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
((((Tammy)))) Very sorry for your loss. It's so hard to say good bye to our animal friends; they become such a big part of our lives. I'm glad you were able to be there with kitty at the end, what a sweet parting gesture.

Take care... the coming weeks will still be difficult so do your best to rest and look after yourself too.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Tammy, I am so sorry to hear about your beloved kitty. I know what you mean about them being your companion. My two baby dogs are my constant companions. I think that is sweet to have her little urn with her name on it. That will give you much comfort in the future. My thoughts are with you.
xxoo,
Mary Ann

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Dear Tammy,
I have had many cats, always other people's rejects. Your cat looked absolutely beautiful and well loved. I am so sorry for you, but you did the right thing in letting her go. Very brave of you.
Here if you want to talk,
x Lola

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
To All that have posted,

I want to Thank You so much for your posts, understanding, and stories that did bring a smile to my face. This started as a release a place to put my saddness and you all have made it much much more. It never stops amazing me this site, when I thought I was alone with my health problems I found so much support here, and when I thought no one else in the world would understand my feels for peaches you all have easied my heart. Is there nothing that this site can't make better? Maybe it isn't the site it's self but all the good hearts that have choose to be here and share their lives with others. Whatever the reason I want to Thank You all for being here for me.

UPDATE:
I picked up the urn and the ashes today and it was just as hard to do that as to let her go but she is home again and that makes me feel a little better. Many of you know I had 9 house cats that everyone of them do something different for me, but they all sleep with me in my room, on my bed, or on me. When I brought the urn home tonight the other 8 all were at the top of the stairs and took their turn at rubbing on the urn. As crazy as it sounds they are all resting now as if they were waiting for her to come home. My heart still hurts but at least it don't feel shaddered any more.
Tammy

·
Registered
198 Posts
Tammy

I'm so sorry to hear of your sad loss. I know exactly how you are feeling at this moment in time. It's never easy, however, making the decision to have your pet put to rest is the final act of love. I hope you will be able to think back to many lovely memories once this raw period has passed. Take care x

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Tammy,

I know time will heal your heart and your other 8 kids will keep your mind occupied. I am glad your beloved is home with you now and you don't feel as shattered.

Every day will get a little easier and know that your precious cat is at peace now.:wink2::wink2::wink2:

·
Registered
631 Posts
Tammy

I am so sorry to hear of your sad news. take comfort that she is in no more pain and the memorys will always be there.
Take care

Elle x

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Tammy, I am very sorry that you lost your companion. I believe that animals need to say goodbye just like we do. I have tried to bring home the bodies if I have to put a pet down and put them in the "cemetery" here. I find that it will depend on the bond that each has which determines how much farewell time they need. So, your group needing to say their farewells does not surprise me at all. Animals are a lot more understanding than many give them credit for.

Yes, my critters have always slept with me. Now that the puppy can last thru the night, he and his older sister sleep with me as well. It also keeps him warmer at night when it can get chilly for a little short coated dog. Contrary to some people's ideas, dogs and cats can be best friends. I expect them to get along, or stay out of each other's way if they can't be friends.
Hugs for you,
Sally

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
To Everyone,
They say time heals all, however I do not believe this to be true. Time only stops so many tears from falling. I only feel at ease because now I have her with me still not physically but still close. I believe that it is harder for those left behind to hand the passing of a person or pet. With this all said.

I would like to say thank you for your kind encouragement to push past the pain and to a place of exceptance. The warm words from everyone have helped to ease the pain and open my eyes to the idea that I am not alone yet again. I am greatful for your support in my time of need and for all the thoughts and prayers from everyone. I hope you can all understand when I say you have helped to lift a heavy weight off my heart but the pain will remain a very long time and the little lonely place she has left feels right now like it will aways be there, I could be wrong.

It helps to know she is in kitty heaven as she was a good hearted friend and will always be missed by me. She is keeping my mom company (as she too was a cat lover). I have found that often times it is the things and people that touch our lives that make it all that much nicer that we took the time to be friends, wheather it be human or animal. Thank You all for sharing your stories with me and posting all of your good wishes to me. I hope when the time comes I to can support you in your time of need.
Tammy

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Dear Tammy,

Of course, you are not recovered. It is a big loss. We are all here for you however much time passes. Nobody expects you to forget your dear Friend.
x Lola (fellow cat lover and slave)

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Tammy,

I understand that your still hurting and missing your beloved cat, anyone would.

I have always told my husband that when we have to put my dog Buzz to sleep he will have to pick me up off the floor.

This dog is my best friend and since I became ill and stopped working we have become best buds.

I can not even go to the bathroom without him wanting to try and squeeze his 100 pound body in with me.:lol::lol::lol:

In so many ways our pets bring us joy and the absence of them leaves a hole in our heart.

Give yourself time to heal from this loss and when your down, reach out to us and we will pick you up.:wink2::wink2::wink2:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts