TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a spider bite going on 5 days ago I saw the Dr. 3 days ago I first wasn't sure what it was because I have night sweats I thought it was a pimple on my leg so I scratched it because it itched well it then started swelling up by the 3rd day it had bad fever in it and hurt to walk on it. So I saw my Dr and they gave me an antibiotic and told me to keep a close eye on it because I was on Imuran(AZA) Immunosuppressant and this infection could be bad he told me to call my Rhuemie and let her know which I did but they didn't say anything they just pretty much took down the info. So my leg is a little better today and not throbbing to death like it was yesterday but it still looks really bad. I'm kinda worried!:worried:

·
Registered
705 Posts
My son was bitten by a brown recluse and even though no permanent damage was done, just know that sometimes the bite area gets a bit ugly. This spider causes tissue death to the surrounding area. No biggie - but it got black until it finally scabbed over and healed. I'm only telling you this so you don't freak out if/when it turns black, like I did! If memory serves me correctly, we had my son on antibiotics as well - standard procedure - and after the initial swelling went down, he was fine.

Hopefully you will respond in kind and won't have any problems. Since my boy wasn't on an immunosuppressant, I don't know how it would affect you. Just keep an eye on it and if you get any worse, be sure to let your doctor know right away. It sounds like you are feeling better which is good news.

Take care of yourself and let us know how it goes. Hugs for you :hug:

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Hi Set, I didn't know what a Brown Recluse spider was till we went to South Carolina. Let me just say that everything Polly said is true. It will look scary, it will swell and hurt. I don't know if your are diagnosed with anything, but if you are, or maybe you are, you MUST tell your GP and any other dr. It is serious. Keep posting and let us know how it is going.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually I have SLE and today my bite is actually looks like it's spreading, it feels better it's not throbbing like it was. Since I work for a Dr's office I'm gonna ask their opinion tomorrow about it and call my Rheumie.

·
Registered
468 Posts
:eek: Those brown recluse spiders are nasty little dudes, yes ask for advice and take care of yourself, they can look quite nasty. Hope you heal fast and do well as soon as possible. Karly:hug: :foryou:

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I hope your bite..heals up ok. and that you have no further complications..

I am sorry you were bit. Please take care of yourself..

Friend,
Sandy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts