TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I have a question?!?!? Does anyone seem to get bruising without cause? I have been getting bruises on my lower leg and its the same one that feels horrible its like I feel its not getting enough circulation my knee feels strangled sometimes. I was just wondering if anyone else had this happen>
thanks as always!!:)

·
Registered
149 Posts
There is bruising without cause, and there is extremely easy bruising (but always having had a bit of a knock, even if it shouldn't have been enough to bruise). I know I definitely bruise easily, but I don't think it is spontaneous bruising (without any sort of injury to cause it). It is probably something to mention to a doctor, and get some blood work done to check.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hi Laura,

I also bruise easily but not without cause. It could be for a number of reasons and you should probably let your dr. know. He will probably want to run some blood work.

Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Janice

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Laura,
I have had that phenomenon recently. A bruise appears, on my lower leg also, for no apparent reason. I have also had surfacing of veins on both my upper and lower legs, sometimes resulting in a small sore along the veins that bleeds a bit then scabs over. I have petechiae on my arms, torso and legs. (Not enough to be of any concern evidently) and a mottled rash that looks like it is from under my skin. My neck is very stiff and it hurts where some of the veins have surfaced. Particularly one just below my right knee.

My last platelet count was low, but my fantastic rhuemy doctor suspects a lab error (?) despite the petechiae, etc. Please let me know what you find out. I am planning on seeing my GP on Monday or so, depending on the symptoms, and will let you know if I find anything.

Do you have any other weird occurrences? I have gotten skin infections very easily lately.

Thanks and good luck,
layla

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Laura,

I am very good at waking up the next morning with bruises up and down my legs, arms wherever. One would think that my hubby kicked the well you know out of me, but not the case. One night I got up to visit the bathroom and I bumped into a Longaberger picnic basket that holds alot of family snapshots. Well the next day there was this wonderful bruise. It gets quite old and I look totally nasty in shorts. Maybe I shoould stop shaving my legs and then that way my bruises would be covered. Second thought, that is a nasty thought:lol: :lol: . Guess I'll just keep looking like I got into a fight.

Nancy

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi there,

I don't know much about this. I do bruise relatively easily but always with a slight knock (at least I think so I usually can't remember the knock) and also usually a rather small insignificant bruise.

I would definitely go to your doctor about this as it could be caused by a number of things and can even occur if you have APS and get a blood clot in the leg - it doesn't always have to be painful but can be dangerous. I don't like the sound of your leg feeling "strangled".

So, yep, I'd tootle down and see your GP just to be on the safe side,
Katharine

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
are you on aspirin ? Aspirin causes lots of bruising and I just had a feeling you posted recently about aspirin and too lazy to run a search :lol:

cheers
raglet

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks everyone for taking the time to write me back I will be calling my doc on Monday (its Fri she only works am and then its fend for yourself!!)

I did want to mention that yes I do take baby aspirin as per doctors orders from about 3 months ago blood results, I don't think she has ever run a platelet count, I am not very good about remembering to take the aspirin but I do take it when I remember,

Does anyone know what the platelet count test would be named on lab work??

Thanks as always!!

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Laura :)

Here your platelet count would be part of a full blood count or complete blood count, whichever it is called where you live.

I think a lot of us get bruises from some of our meds, but we can't take that for granted as being the cause, best to get it checked out.

love
Lily

1 - 9 of 9 Posts