The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that my urine often has little bubbles in it - does anyone know if this is significant in any way? I'm currently being evaluated by a urologist due to not emptying my bladder properly (which they think is because of damage to some spinal nerves following surgery 10 years ago) and as a result has a kidney ultrasound yesterday. The radiologist doing the scan didn't seem entirely happy with what he was seeing, so I asked him if everything looks ok - he wouldn't really say much, only that it's 'not perfect'. Hmmm so now i'm really worried! But surely if I had any sort of kidney damage i'd be aware of it, pain-wise. Apart from some very vague loin pain in the past which generally passed quickly, i've not had anything that would suggest damage is taking place.

So, does anyone else get these bubbles? Is it normal?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Usually when there's bubble in your urine, it means there is protein in your urine. When I have bubbles in my urine, it has something to do with my lupus and the kidneys. Most of the time, you wouldn't feel if your kidney is being attacked by your body until the kidney is no longer functioning. Bubbles is definitely not normal. Talk to your doctor and get a urine test.

·
Janet
32 Posts
I have it for about a year now. it freaked me out in the beginning and i asked my Renal doc and it is excessive protein. She is monitoring it and increased my steroids up to 80 mg for a month (which is when i gained my wonderful extra 20 pounds that won't leave my body now):mad: My kidneys are not filtering properly because of the lupus. not on anything other then the CellCept 2000MG and steroids which are for my lupus nephritis, SLE and to help my lungs too since the lupus has now caused my lungs to scar up along with the kidneys. You need to stay on top of the excessive protein...don't let it get out of hand. Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Hi, as the others have said it is a sign of protein in your urine. Kidney disease in lupus is silent, it doesn't cause pain. It sounds as though you are being treated well, but make sure you let them know about this. You need to be treated for this asap. Let us know how you get on.

Deb

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
Hi all i have never noticed bubbles in my urine till now that someone else has said about it.Just been to the loo and low and behold there as bubbles.Can they do a dip stick test for it.Sorry for taking the same post.Elisabeth

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Hi elisabeth, yes get your gp to do a urine diptest. You can get protein leaking when you have a uti as well. Your rheumy should be reguarly testing your urine. I would get it checked asap. Let us know how you get on.

Take care

Deb x

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.