The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
bundy
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi every body just wonderin if eny body else out there with lupus has ended up with kidney failure and had to dialize and transplant:)

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Hi Bundy,

Welcome to the forum. Have you had a transplant as a result of lupus nephritis? How are you doing?

I've not had one, so have no personal experience, alhough there are others who have and to my knowledge are doing very well.

Years ago I worked on a renal transplant ward and of course had patients with SLE sometimes. My recollection is that it was usually very succesful and the anti rejection meds worked very effectively at controlling the lupus meaning most did better after the transplant than before.

Please feel to post your experiences.

X C X

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Hello Bundy, I have no personal experience, but wanted to welcome you here. How are you doing? Do you have a good family to support you?
x Lola

·
bundy
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LolaLola;519968 said:
Hello Bundy, I have no personal experience, but wanted to welcome you here. How are you doing? Do you have a good family to support you?
x Lola
hi and thanks four the wecome yes very well two years since transplant i have good family and frends who support me wen needed bundy

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Welcome to the forum Bundy

I am glad you are doing well after your transplant! Bravo :)

We have a member who is not currently active who has had two, the first more than 20 years before the other. Last time she checked in it had been a total success. I have read other stories of transplants transforming SLE patients' lives

Keep well !

Clare

·
Registered
931 Posts
Hey Bundy and :welcome: to the forum!!

It's great to hear you're doing well after your transplant!!!

Hope you stay very, very well for years and years to come!!!!

Zoi

1 - 8 of 8 Posts