The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am on fire -- it actually feels like this. I am experiencing redness and this itch that will not stop -- it includes the palms of my hands and bottoms of my feet, my arms, my hands, my fingers, my neck, my back, my stomach, my legs...and i am miserable!

Anyone having or have had this? I just got back from a work trip and it seemed to start about midweek --- and i am here at my desk and MISERABLE! cannot stop itching....and burning....

and i feel horrible.

BUT -- happy fabulicious friday! :)

thank you for anything anyone can offer.

·
Inky
249 Posts
Hmmmm

I have had similar to this, went with my first lupus flare but was actually a severe allergy to Prozac. Have you changed medication recently, or eaten shellfish? Or been in the sun? Are your joints aching?

Lots of questions, but it does sound very like some sort of allergic response, called 'Hives' I think. An anti-histamine might calm it but I would get in touch with a doctor.

Hope the itching has calmed by the time you read this.

Sara
x

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Hi, I'm sorry about your itching/burning skin.

It sounds like you need immediate help for this. The first thing to try is an antihistamine like certirazine. You might also want to try a tepid (luke warm or a bit cooler) bath or shower, calomine lotion or e45 cream.

If that doesn't help considerably, then a trip to A&E/ ER is justified. Feeling this bad is enough to drive anyone mad:(.

Let us know how you are getting on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sjink;516856 said:
Hmmmm

I have had similar to this, went with my first lupus flare but was actually a severe allergy to Prozac. Have you changed medication recently, or eaten shellfish? Or been in the sun? Are your joints aching?

Lots of questions, but it does sound very like some sort of allergic response, called 'Hives' I think. An anti-histamine might calm it but I would get in touch with a doctor.

Hope the itching has calmed by the time you read this.

Sara
x
I have not had any changes of meds, but yes I am having joint aches, fever, and fatigue that is pretty unreal. It all could be a flare starting, but I have tried everything I could think of. The itching is like different areas at different times but consistent. For example, right now, its my underside of the arm and the top of my left foot. When I was having my performance appraisal, I scratched and something broke open and we had a bit of a bleeding issue. The burning sensation is my face. It feels like its really red cuz it feels hot.

Thank you so much for your responses. I really do appreciate them.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi there,

I hope you can get some meds and get this under control. If they don't help then you do need to seek out a doc :hug:

My face burns when I have been exposed to the sun without protection, it actually feels and looks like it is on fire :eek: Do you think the work trip brought on this flare?

I hope things look up for you soon.

love
Lily

·
Inky
249 Posts
Hi again

Yes my itching was in different places, it tended to move around but there was always somewhere itching.

I do really think you need to see a doctor. It does sound very like a flare to me.

Sara
x

1 - 6 of 6 Posts