The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I have a question about my butterfly rash. Does anyone know if a warm(not hot) bath or shower can make it worse? Mine is always there. It usually looks like a deep blush. The last few weeks, I have noticed red bumps in it. It is only across my cheeks and nose. It is not any where else. I have been having a hard time with other symptoms(such as joint pain and fatigue). It gets a lot worse after being in the sun or taking a warm bath. It also seems to get worse after being in front of my computer for a while. Does this sound like the malar rash, or rosacea?

Thanks
Donna

·
11,410 Posts
For years I was treated for rosacea. I was even taking meds for it.

I went to my now rhuemy and he said I had the butterfly rash. I stopped taking my med and it didn't change in its appearance.

My rhumey said if you want to get a good debate in a room full dermys. Just ask about rosacea and the butterfly rash. How they compare and how to tell when it is one or the other.

Stress and being overly warm makes my butterfly rash get brighter. It really never goes away on me. I just tell myself I don't need blush.:lol:

Take care,
Lyn

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Lyn. That sounds like me about the blush. I am not diagnosed yet, and because of the lack of health insurance, can't really afford to be diagnosed. So I do a lot of ivestigating one the net. About the only difference I can find between rosacea and malar is the itching. Mine don't itch at all and it is strictly on my cheeks and nose. But it is always there just lighter most of the time.

Thanks
Donna

1 - 3 of 3 Posts