The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there......has anyone had bloods done at st thommies..lupus clinic and then had a phone call to say they need to contact you asap?........i had one today ...but they spoke to my daughter who has learning difficulties and she didnt ask for the name or number to return the call?!!!:eek:....so i rang the clinic and spoke to a secretary...that was very off?!!! and said they sent blood results to gp.....i explained the call...and eventually they took notice and are trying to get hold of who rang me?!!:(.........so i was just asking ?....anyone else had this?..:).jane

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
oh jane i dont go there but just wanted to say tey not to worry, please let us know how things are .

take care Lin xx

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hasnt anyone heard?.....

Hi.....hasnt anybody had a call from the clinic?...just wanted reassurance as too why they would ring.....:worried:...jane

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Jane,

I'm sorry I really can't help you! I'm not even in England. the only call I got like that was when the rheumy finally discovered I had lupus (after origianlly saying I didn't) and she called me to say that I must start on plaquenil asap.

Haven't you been able to get back to the appropriate person? I would feel just like you and be worried (and that's from someone who generally doesn't worry) - It's far nicer to know what's going on. It's probably nothing too serious but it would be good to get back to them.

hugs and hope everything is fine, keep us posted, :hug:
Katharine

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi.....gosh yes...:(.....i have been worried...i spoken to them and they wanted me to have another blood test as liver emz are rather high?.......i have been having gall bladder probs just lately ..so may be that the prob?.....jane

·
Registered
580 Posts
Jane i just wanted to let you know that i know exactly how you feel, this happened to me too. When i had my mamogram which was my first one
last year i got a letter which sad my test came out abnormal. i phoned the
clinic right away and couldnt get anybody to talk to. for a couple of hours
i was so worried, and so nervous i just wanted to get an answer right away.

it tured out to be scared tissue or something like that it was nothing serious

i hope you get some answers soon. keep calling them so you can get to the bottom of this. good luck, keep us posted.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Hello Jane

I am glad you got through finally - that sort of call is so nerve wracking.:eek:
I suppose your GP will be doing further testing. It could be related to gall bladder problems but there's a ton of other possibilities. I would be careful what I eat - watch out for fats and of course alcohol. I hope you get some answers soon - let us know how you get on.

It's reassuring to know that they will call if anything abnormal turns up

Do you have a follow appointment fixed at St Tom's ?

Bye for now

Clare

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi...many thanks for you advise and support....:worried:........yes i have another apt at st thommies march 18th 08........jane

1 - 8 of 8 Posts