The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

I am sorry that I haven't posted in a while. I miss everyone here. I have come on here and there and just skimmed the posts and read a few but had no energy to respond.
I include everyone on this site in my prayers so even though I am not on here I do think of all of you quite frequently.

I have been down in the dumps lately. My son is missing yet again and leaves us with sleepless nights. He was found in Florida ( I am in Massachusetts) quite a distance away and somehow was able to walk out of police custody so we were unable to get him back. Our phone rang off the wall the entire night on Sunday. Such a worry for a parent to go through and my heart is broken.

The stress of it all is taking a toll on my body and mind. I can see the worry on my husband's face when he looks at me. I have been trying to keep strong and practice stress relieving things which do help. I know that stress will only make the Lupus symptoms 10x's worse and not sleeping well.

About three months ago, I started with some lower back pain. Well it is now in my left hip, sometimes the whole entire lower back, sometimes into the legs so I am going to the gp today for this. It is hard to distinguish where it is coming from as there is already existing pain in the legs and knees, so very hard to say this is the area it is generated from. The left hip is becoming a problem so I am getting a bit concerned that there is something more going on than just a strain. I am wobbly standing and getting up and down is a task in itself. I have such a nice redness to my face which says "slow down things are getting worse health wise".

The pain is so severe at night and is keeping me tossing and turning along with my thoughts. At night, it becomes the entire lower end of the back, the side of the thigh. It is ridiculous!

There was a 14 building fire a few blocks from my work Monday morning. Luckily I still have my job and was not my building. 200 people are out of a place to live. I count my lucky stars on everything so I do try to keep my spirits up.

I hope you are all ok and do hope to post on here and catch up really soon.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Hello, You must be worried sick about your Son. If there is ANYTHING we can do please let us know.
Thinking of You,
x Lola

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hi hellos,
thinking of you and sending you ((hugs)) and healing prayers.

You must be worried sick. So sorry you are going through such a trying time. Please take care of yourself first and foremost..you cant be any good to anyone else if you feel like you are going to drop.

Take care,
Sharon

·
Registered
642 Posts
Hi Paula :hug:
I'm sorry things are not too good just now.

Hope your doc has some answers about your pain.
Thinking of you

·
Registered
580 Posts
hi hellos, im so sorry youve been going through so much lately, i understand exactly how youre feeling. my son move out and hes never been so far from me before. i hope that your son can get his life together so you dont have to go through so much stress.

i hope that the doctor will be able to help you with the pain youre feeling and get some relieve soon. youll be in my prayes. hang in there hellos.

please let us know what the doctor said and good luck.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi Paula,
Your in my prayers....I can not imagine some of things you are going trhu...God Bless you and your family,
Denise

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
((((((paula))))))

you must be frantic!:worried: I am so sorry.
I hope you hear from your son very soon.

try to take care of yourself paula,I know it's hard under the present circumstances :sad:
sending you lot's of healing hugs & strength & to your hubby too!
please keep us updated
luv karen x

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
((( Paula )))

I am so sorry you are yet again, worried about your son. I understand. My son, was a stinker to raise. I will have you in my prayers as well as your son.

I hope you find out what is causing your worsening pain. Take care of yourself and let others help you out when possible.

Love,
Sandy

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
((((((Paula))))))

I often think of you an wonder how things are with your family. I had hoped you were posting positive news.

I can't imagine what you're going through, I know you do try to relax when you can. The amount of stress you have would make anyone unwell. It sounds like you have a very loving relationship with your husband.

I hope you get some answers for the pain your experiencing and news of your son.

Sending you gentle positive hugs, :hugbetter:

Pam xxx

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
(((((((((( Paula )))))))))) When hard times come they seem to bring more along. I will keep you and your husband and son in my prayers. Also hope you get relief from the pain you're having. Worry and pain together is a nasty combination.

Be gentle with yourself and find ways to rest and forget your worries, even just for a short while.

Hugs,
Sunny

·
Registered
647 Posts
:worried: I am so sorry the troubles with your son continue.

We all know that stress is a killer for us, and it certainly makes me sicker worse than anything else I do. I know there is no way you can not worry, but know we are all here for you anytime you need to vent.

It sounds like you have injured your back pretty good - as if enough was not going on. Let us know how your doctors appt. went, and how you are doing.

Be well, you are in my prayers and thoughts - Tracy

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh you are all such darlings. :love2: Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

I know that we all know about stress. We each have it in different ways.

I have this 8 part cassette seminar on stress smart that was recently given to me and I have started to listen to it when I drive. If I find it helpful, I will let you all know who it is, etc.

I am so tired I can barely stay awake. I have no clue how I work but glad that I am.:yawn:

Wishing you all well.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Oh Paula ((((hugs)))) I'm so sorry you're going through this. I too was wondering where you were!

Such worries with your son for so long, I understand completely as I worry so much about my daughter as well. I'm glad you're finding small ways to relieve the stress and pain of the worry, and I hope this all resolves very soon for you.

Let us know how you make out with the doctor!

Karin

·
Administrator
10,199 Posts
Hi Paula,

I am sorry to hear that your son has put you on that emotional rollercoaster once again. You and your family will be in my thoughts.

Good luck with those stress tapes. It can't hurt to try.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Paula,:hug:
-I have been wondering where you were. I am so sorry that your son is putting you in such a stressful place. I cannot even imagine what you are going through.:( I do hope though that you start to feel better soon and that your son shows up.

Hugs,
Becca

1 - 20 of 22 Posts