TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello there
Just wondered if there is anyone out there that has been treated with Campath:ermm::ermm::ermm:

dixy

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
I don't know anything about it. I believe it's being trialled for use in MS?

Has this been suggested to you or??

·
11,405 Posts
Hi,
Here is one thing I found about it.

US Brand Names

• Campath
Description

Alemtuzumab is a monoclonal antibody. It is used to treat a certain type of leukemia called B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia (B-CLL). It is given to recently diagnosed patients and to patients whose disease has progressed despite treatment with other cancer medicines. Alemtuzumab interferes with the growth of leukemic cells, which are then destroyed by the body .
web page,
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/drug-information/DR601635

or

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/monoclonal-antibody/CA00082

I hope this helps you. The second web page I found was interesting.

Love,
Lyn

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many thanks

I knew it was for treating leukemia and MS. So is it rare to treat LUPUSlwith this?

·
11,405 Posts
Hi Dixy,

I am not sure how much this drug is used for lupus.
That would be a good question for your rhumey.

Let us know what you find out.
Love,
Lyn

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks lynn

will put this question on my long long list of questions thanks again
wonder if anyone with MS or Leukemia is on this site. I have other questions I would like 2 ask

dixy

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Hello Dixie
I have never read of anybody being on this drug for lupus and couldn't find any reference to it being used or trialled for lupus. Why not google MS or leukemia support sites? Didn't your rheumy tell you more about it?

Maybe you can call to get your questions answered by the prescribing doctor Presumably it is some sort of trial for its use in lupus.

Cheers
Clare

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hi
saw my rheumy yesterday. Asked the question how many people has she treated with CAMPATH. Only 5 over the past 10 years.

Wanted to know about side effects. As every now and then I had vision problems see brightly coloured triangle blocks on my left eye sort of pulsing.
weird or what.

Her explanation is its secondary to the campath destroying cells its the waste. If its happens in the brain its effecting the vision. Only lasts from 2 to 10 mins just sooooooooo annoying.

dixy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts