The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Things had been their usual up and down, heading more up after a rough patch, until today when I picked up a heavy bag and it felt along the lines of what normal folks might have when they say "I pulled a muscle." Fair enough but then pain skyrocketted everywhere and I spent the rest of the day taking pills and resting. And I have absolutely no emotional reserves to deal with anyone. Has a"pulled muscle" or anything similar ever led anyone else into *&^%$#@#land?
Douglas

·
Registered
8,577 Posts
Douglas,

I haven't ever pulled a muscle but I have had flare-ups from a muscle type injury that did put me in a short flare. It really didn't last. Other times things seem to last longer. Often those that last awhile have multiple things that caused the link.

For instance it could be that you pulled a muscle because your body was already heading into a flare or the area around the muscle lupus is attacking. I have had a friend end up with major problems with her ankles, it turns out that is because the lupus is attacking the tendons in that part of her body.

Pay attention to your body and please call your doctor if things don't settle in a few days or sooner if they seem to get worse.

Let us know how you get on.

Take care,
Karen

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Douglas, seeing myself in the mirror first thing in the morning has sent me into a flare before, so I'm sure pulling a muscle would do it as well. :lol: Apologies for being flip. I know you feel horrid and I'm hoping by the time you read this some of that has calmed down. The answer is, yes, small indignities to the body can cause a flare. I have found that for myself, small indignities to the soul can do as well. Take extra good care of yourself and if things don't settle down very soon, check with your dr. -- always a good idea whenever things change enough to make you need extra rest or pain meds.

Sunny

·
Registered
69 Posts
Sounds like you are heading for a flare. If my children jump on me for "cuddles" when I'm about to have a flare that's enough to lay me out for a few days. I tried to do some exercise the other night (rolling & flopping from one bum cheek to the other) & I feel like I've run a marathon so I can only imagine how uncomfortable you would be feeling after actually pulling a muscle. Rest up & I hope you feel better soon. I'll have a pain killer for you.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

Karen, Sunny and Jodie, my thanks. Computer problems plus travel by car meant I could not express my gratitude sooner. "I am surviving" seems a fair assessment at the moment. Please do take a pain killer for me; it seems to help. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts