TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, hope you're well.
I have a rheumy appt tomorrow, I haven't seen her since last August, I had 3 appts cancelled. Anyway I write my symptoms down like a diary but since I haven't had appt for so long ,the list is 9 pages long instead of 2 or 3.
How is the best way to present it?
Should I just highlight the symptoms on the list?
I go to pieces at the appointments & nothing on the lists makes any sense when I look at it, and I make even less sense when the rheumy asks questions!
I've been going to appointments since 2005 ,you would think I would be able to cope by now.
I'm getting really worked up about it.
Please help
love Angied

·
Registered
314 Posts
Hi Angie, I would hi-lite the symtoms giving you the most concern. It is your Rhumy's job to dx. and find answers to your health problems, he's the one with the medical degree. I too, do not like doctor appointments. I see 8 different docs. I get soooo nervous before hand, that my blood pressure readings are always sky-high....then they focus on that instead of why I'm there.(I have white-coat syndrome!)My dentist told me to try to take a walk before appointments. He feels this will lower my stress and BP. I was dx. with SLE 11 years ago. I guess some just take appointments in stride and some of us stress out. With me, it's the fear of hearing more health issues to deal with.
Take a deep breath and and try to relax. let us know how it went.
Sending you good thoughts, Rosie

·
4,430 Posts
Take a copy

Hiya Angie, I think its a good idea to hilight which aspects have been the most difficult or worrying for you, but it is also good for the Rheumy to have the whole picture so I would take a photocopy of your notes and give that to the Rheumy..if she hasn't time to take it all in at the appointment but later other things occur she has something to refer back to, even if you just ring her or e mail her later. Sometimes they review 'cases' too and that may be the time she just looks over your notes again and takes in a new bit of information... don't get nervous, they are only people who are trying (we hope ) to help with the knowledge they have got.. without you they wouldn't have a job!!:lol:
Claire X here's hoping you have a positive consultation.

·
Administrator
7,565 Posts
The others have given good advice, hope you have a good appt tomorrow.

Take care

deb

·
Administrator
10,167 Posts
Hi Angie,

Finally, an appointment that hasn't been canceled. Look at this as a positive not a negative. The walk is a good idea. Also you could try some slow deep breathing while having visions of your favorite vacation while you wait to be seen.

Good luck. Let us know how the appointment goes.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got back from appointment.
She has upped my dose of amitriptyline to 25mg per night.
She also saw my face rash for herself instead of photos (I'd got those too) she said it's photosensitivity & has given prescription for Uvistat suncream.
She went through my lists of symptoms & said she doesn't want to start me on immune suppressants .
She mentioned lupus again & even put it on my blood request form in clinical notes, where she just normally puts APS she put SLE/APS.
She is going to get onto the physio department because they never sent me an appt. She is also going to get me into see the clinical psychologist at the lupus unit.
She looked at my blood results that she ran, there were some out of range again including lymphocytes, HB. She also looked at copies of bloods my GP ran & noted the low lymphocytes again.
She is also going to be in touch with my Gynae before any procedures are done .
An update on the other things I've been going through;
I got results back from endoscopy , I haven't got coeliac.

I had to be put on Norethisterone (which I think is an hormone tablet)which I have to be on for 10 days to stop a 4 week very heavy painful period.
But when I stop taking it I'll have another period within a couple of days!!
Well that's it for now
love
Angied

·
4,430 Posts
sounds like a good appointment Angie, something is being done:) hope you get some more answers soon.
Claire X

·
11,405 Posts
Wow!
What a great appointment. Sounds like you found the right rhumey.:)

Love,
Lyn

·
Administrator
10,167 Posts
Hi Angie,

It sounds like this doctor is on the ball. Hopefully her referrals come through quickly.

Congrats on your endoscopy results.

I hope both prescriptions are beneficial for you.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
314 Posts
HI Angie, Maybe this time your doctors can connect all the dots. Sound like your appointment went well. I took Elavil(ampitriptyline) 25mg. in morning 25 at night, for several years. The first several weeks all i wanted to do was sleep, but after 6 weeks it kicked in and helped my depression. Wish I had not stopped
taking it. A few years after stopping , I sank back into the depression.
Hope you improve. Take care Rosie

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
hello angie

angie,
It is important that the rhuemy know all that has been going on with you even the little things. It sounds like you could use an anti-depressant to help with the emotions. You will have to find away to convey what she needs to know in the best way that you can. It sounds like you are coping but get nervous at the appointments is all. I do hope you have a good appointment and do try to make further ones so that it is not so much info at one appointment. I do hope you are feeling well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts