TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems my brain symptoms have stepped up a bit. It started out with a burning scalp, I was refered to a nuero. She put me on some pills to stop the burning . She ordered a MRI and tons of blood work. My eosinophils or what ever those are called were up. She was concerned about how high they were running. She wants to do a spinal tap next. I am having sharp pains in the back of my head, also my teeth will chatter when I am not even cold.
I wake up with what seems to be an adrenaline rush. I close my eyes and flashing lights are terrible. Can't go to sleep. They last for about 3 min. (was told it was AURA I have no headaches. Just a fuzzy feeling in my head, almost like I am on cold meds: with out being sleepy. Last and I appreciate you all listening to me. urrghh.. at least I can depend on you nice people. :) feels like my spine where it meets the head is bruised. It hurts bad. My next appointment is 2 weeks to see the nuero about all the test results. Should I call her and a let her know about the new symptoms?

Thank you all for enduring to the end of this message. It' helps to vent somewhere and get advice from such caring people. Look forward to hearing what you have to say.

Vicki;):)

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I would call too; nothing is helping with the pain? Maybe they can come up with some additional meds to help you through this - a short trial of sleeping medication to help you sleep or stronger pain meds perhaps.

Often times, they will get the results back well before 2 weeks too. So if it's been a few days to a week, the results just might be back in and they might have some additional treatment suggestions for you.

I have had many of the same symptoms as you have just described, and unfortunately a cause was never definitively identified for them. I never had the aura though... that's about the only difference. My eosinophils were only mildly elevated though. Good luck - let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
i know what you mean about the chattering teeth, i get this, but as well as my teeth going mad, my right arm goes mad too, this for me is another one of my seziures, other symptoms i get too.

hope they get to the bottom of your good luck Lin xxx

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
:)Hi Vicki, and a very warm welcome to this great site, I
hope that there will be times when we can help you. We all
are here to help and support everyone else. As far as the pain at the top of your spine, I would suggest a Big,Big,
yes. When you are talking about that area(cervical) of the
spine, things could be serious. So if it were me, I would call first thing in the morning. Keep posting, we are glad
to have you here.:wink2::rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts