TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All, Can anyone tell me if cysts are lupus or medication related ? I have had ovarain cysts, and now have a breast one(they think!) Thanks for any info regards june

·
Administrator
10,167 Posts
Hi June,

I am sorry to hear about your latest development. Hopefully it isn't too painful. Has the doctor recommended any treatment?

Cysts are common in the general population also. I don't think they are related to Lupus.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lazylegs;530991 said:
Hi June,

I am sorry to hear about your latest development. Hopefully it isn't too painful. Has the doctor recommended any treatment?

Cysts are common in the general population also. I don't think they are related to Lupus.

Take care,
Lazylegs
Hi lazylegs, It isnt painful (not compared to lupus anyway) it is just a hard lump, waiting for app for breast clinic to drain it:eek: GP said they will see me quickly. Hope your doing ok? june

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
I had cysts too--

Dear June,

The same day I went to the doctor for an annual physical and complained of lupus symptoms, my doctor (Ob-Gyn) found a couple of lumps in one of my breasts. It prompted a mammogram with a detailed ultrasound. The lumps were identified and attributed to enlarged lymph nodes (that ran along outside of one of my breasts). It makes sense to me that when the lupus symptoms emerged, my lymph system was trying to clean out my system (I had had two back-to-back viruses that seemed to trigger the lupus symptoms). Nothing was done and things are settled down right now.

She also referred me to a rheumatologist at that time based on my symptoms and red facial rash.

Also, she found my uterus to be enlarged at that time and I had to have a follow-up vaginal ultrasound. During that procedure, something appeared to be there (I can't think of the name of the polyp-like thing often found there--brain fog!), which was treated with 2 wks of hormones to flush the uterus. This was repeated this past year again because my new ob-gyn thought my heavy bleeding episode was the result of the same thing.

By the way, while these appeared with the onset of my most recent lupus episode, I was not on any kind of serious meds at the time (pre-Plaquenil or anything else). But, I find the timing suspicious myself.

My (long) two cents.
Hope they don't cut you if it is not completely necessary (my mom was shocked I didn't have a biopsy, but I was relieved).

Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts