The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm moving across the country. I thought it would be appropriate to have one last hoorah with my best friend. She has a 6 month old baby, and a husband... So we got a hotel room in Cleveland, went out and got DELICIOUS Mexican food. Had a few drinks... Stayed up late laughing outselves sick... Didn't get a ton of sleep. Today, I feel AWFUL. Hurt all over, rash on my face is out in force, I had a nap but I'm SO TIRED.

Will I never be able to have fun again?!!

·
Premium Member
11,410 Posts
Yes you will have fun. You have to learn to prepare for it. If I am planning an outing, I rest a couple of days before.

Just listen to your body it will tell you enough is enough.
Some meds say on the bottle drinking alcohol is not advised.

Lack of sleep can cause us to hurt too. I have learned to adapt how I do things. I have a very important date coming up. My daughter is getting married. I plan on enjoying it to the fullest.

Maybe you should contact your rhuemy and tell him how you are feeling. It does take some time to get the right mix of meds to get us feeling better.

Hang in there.
Lyn

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Glad ytou had agood night out,like you i pay for it, i try to rest before too, but still i get pay back time, the hurt will settle down, just listen to your body and rest up now.

As for drinking, which i do, i now cannot take red wine, it doesnt seem to like me any more:sad: but i have found one that does ;).

you take care and try to pace your self more, Lin xxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hi WP, I am glad that you had a nice time with your friend, we all deserve some down time with our conditions, unfortunately as seems to be norm, we usually have to suffer the next day, and it can make you feel dare to have some fun, you will pay later.

Yes you will have fun, more times that you probably think just now, they may be of shorter duration, take a whole heap of planning, and measures put in place to rest next day, or several days thereafter.

We are have glorious weather here in the UK, but I am so photosensitive, even covered, and screen I cannot go out in it, so this morning, my husband and I got up early, made a flask of tea, and wandered over our farm fields, watched the mist rise off the crops, and the rabbits and hares dart about, may not seem like much to some, to me it meant everything, tonight we are having a BBQ in the cool of the evening, being indoors I will have done the prep.

I am working myself up little by little to just achieve more, but respect my body as well.

Interesting that you cannot take red wine, my Rhuematologist advised me not to drink alchohol full stop, not that I care, I dont drink anyway, but perhaps it is because I have some renal involvement and disease she felt prudent to advise.

Day at time is my motto these days, and I cherish every single little thing I can do, and try very hard not to focus on what I cannot, its hard, very hard.

Sorry I am not making a very good job of saying what I mean really, I hope you can understand somewhat what I am trying to say. Brain fogged here.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Feeling a little better today!! Mostly just exhausted still.

We really did have a great time. It was a good send off. But I have to admit, last night I was very nearly regretting it. (I'd put my joints on the pain scale at 8, 10 being the time I had the 8cm infected cyst on my kidney.) And I DID rest for a couple days beforehand... Today will be another day of rest. I also drink VERY rarely, and I know how it makes me feel the day after. (Never had a hangover though.)

Anyhow, I'm very relieved to be feeling significantly better this morning. Much less regretful. It was so much fun, and I'm really really going to miss her.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I was just about to post a similar thread! Yesterday I had a lovely day out in York with some friends, I was exhausted by the time we got back to the car and by the time we took the three quarters of an hour drive home I was in agony. I literally couldn't move last night because of pain in my legs and feet. Today I've been really tired and have had a dreadful headache, had a nap for a couple of hours this afternoon and I feel really bad still. I did prepare for the day by taking a day off on Friday.

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
It depends on what kind of fun you are talking about. To do that all weekend long or every other night the answer would have to be no, but with some careful planning and listening to your body the day after then yes you can. You will learn how to do things and what is way too much for you to handle. It will take time and always, always planning. We can not be pur of the moment people any more. If you try to be than your body will most likely react as it has done this time. I wish you luck in learning your body and listening to it, have fun when you can LOL.

I hope you are feeling well and doing well today.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hello Poet, I'm So Glad You Had A Good Time But Am Sorry Your Body Paid For It. I' Am Sure You Will Miss Your Friend, But Theres Always The Phone And Pc And Don't Forget The Great Memories You Have With Her. The Same Questin Runs Through My Head From Time To Time. Will I Ever Be Able To Have Fun Again? But You Know What? I Can Have Fun But It's In Differant Ways Than Before. Of Course Like Everyone Said Before Me, You Have To Listen To Your Body And I Like Others Sometimes Don't.lol! Being We Cannot Go In The Sun Makes It Hard So Things Like Horseback Riding , Gardening , Fishing, The Things I Like To Do I Have To Change A Bit Or Not Do Them At All. Thats Where The Differant Things Comes In. It's Hard To Get Used To But This Is How It Has To Be ..for Now. I Sure Hope I've Helped You And Hope To See You In Chat Soon! Your Friend, Laurie ...gsd77

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.