The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as you all know I've had some issues with selling my house and buying a new one that is still ongoing..... but today just when I hoped things were getting better it happened......

I was driving to work this morning and just as I was coming out of one of the villages close to work there is an area where the road on the opposite side is restricted meaning they have to give way to oncoming traffic (i.e me). I saw that a couple of cars had slipped through so I slowed down to give them time to clear the restricted area so that I could get through (as I had priority). That is when some plonker decided to try to drive through the restricted area and broke my car :hissy:. I wouldn't mind there are road signs saying give way to oncoming traffic:eek:!! He has damage the wing and wing mirror, and the door (which creaks badly when I open it).

Luckily my insurance company says it is clear cut and he is in the wrong but I am going to take some photo's tomorrow, just in case they want it for evidence.

I am glad my colleague has offered to drive to the nursing congress this weekend... what a nightmare.... and to top it off I am either starting a flare or a cold not sure which, feel achy, sore throat and tired and have had cold sores and the odd sores in my mouth!! I would like to know when my luck is going to turn around I think the bad luck fairy is really dumping on me!:mad:

Claire xx

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Oh dear Claire :( just what you didn't need!

It's awful when you're in on of those bad luck runs - I hope it quickly turns around for you and you'll soon be in your new home and enjoying it to the full.

I hope the cold/flare is very short lived :grhug:

Katharine

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Katherine

I hope that this is just a mini flare or cold, I have a long weekend ahead at nursing congress... as for the house stuff I am hoping that will be resolved soon..... Very soon

Claire

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No he didn't harass me Lola, but at the moment he has not claimed responsibility either, so I am driving around with a bit of a dint in my car and no wing mirror, good job my friend has offered to drive to congress this weekend cos I don't think I would be safe on the motorway wouldn't be able to see to overtake. I wasn't aware of how much I used my mirrors until I didn't have one of them... strange that.

Claire x

·
11,410 Posts
(((Claire)))

What a time you are having. Sometimes it rains and then it pours. I hope you are nearing the tiny drizzle part of bad luck.

As far as some drivers go.:mad: What do they think they are doing?

I hope things settle soon for you and you and your family get moved into your new home soon.

Love,
Lyn

·
Registered
631 Posts
:mad: inconsiderate drivers really get my back up!! Hope your insurance company gets this sorted quickly for you.

Hope you are feeling better soon, Sending hugs and positive thoughts your way.
Take care
Elle x

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
update

Well sorry not been around my stupid laptop died had to take it back to the shop and have it exchanged.... it died had loads of problems with it and demanded a new one.

Anyway the other driver will not admit liability the loonatic, so I have taken pictures of the three signes he had missed before he hit me:mad:! This also means they wont give me a loan car because he has not accepted liability. I now cannot get into my car because the door will not open and have drop my husband off at the station each morning so I can get to work myself!

It's about time the good luck fairy came and paid me a visit!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hi Granny I really hope that your luck changes and quick. Sounds like me...if I had no bad luck I would have no luck at all.

Keep smiling and laughing (I'm told it helps!!).

Take care

·
11,410 Posts
(((Claire)))

Sorry you are still having to contend with this idiotic driver.:hug:

My daughter's lap top crashed just a few weeks before her wedding.:eek: Of course all her wedding stuff was on there.:eek:hno: We survived that and her computer got a new hard drive. Thankfully that was the only glitch in the wedding.

Take care and I hope the house moving is coming along nicely?

Here is some good luck fairy dust. :pixiedust:
Love,
Lyn

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Claire, hope you can get this sorted soon, being without your car is such an annoying inconvenience.

Take care

Deb x

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lyn I am so glad that mine didn't crash just before my wedding it would have been crazy... My parents were not around which actually was a blessing!

I am sure all will work out in the long run and this is just a "test"

I shall keep smiling :)

Claire

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.