TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELLO FRIENDS! MY PC WAS SICK WITH 41 VIRUSES. NOW THANKFULLY IT IS OK. I'M HAVING PROBLEMS GETTING INTO THE CHATROOM . THE MESSAGE SAYS THAT I NEED TO DOWNLOAD JAVA. I HAVE DONE SO 3 TIMES AND YET I STILL CAN'T GET IN. IT KEEPS SAYING TO DOWNLOAD JAVA. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE? I AM NOT VERY GOOD ON THE PC-JUST EMAILS AND CHAT.NOW I CAN ONLY DO EMAILS , SO MY VERY LIMITED KNOWLEDGE ON THE PC IS EVEN MORE LIMITED. LOL! THANK-YOU FOR ANY INPUT! GSD77 LAURIE :rotfl::rotfl:

·
Administrator
7,565 Posts
Hello Laurie

I had missed you and wondered where you were!!!! Hope you are ok. I had trouble with Java on the laptop, my hubby had to fix it, as I am rubbish!!! He had to take down firewall to allow Java to pop up as we had pop up blockers? Dont know if that means anything. I really hope someone comes along who knows how to help you Laurie.

Take care

Deb

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Find the "preferences" menu for your browser, and check to make sure that "Java" is enabled.

If this doesn't help, there are other settings in preferences that can be changed. In particular, one that makes sure when you click on a link/webiste that it will *NOT* go to a cached version, but will actually go to the site new each time. This can also cause the same pop-up message to appear after you feel it should have been fixed by getting Java installed.

Hope this helps. If now, write back with what browser you are using, and include the version number & I'll see if I can help you more.

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Laurie,
Try resetting all your default settings and see if this don't work we miss you in chat room.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank-you

I JUST WANTED TO TY ALL FOR YOUR HELP WITH THE CHATROOM THINGY. I AM NOT VERY GOOD AT ALL WITH THIS PC . SO TOMORROW THE PC SHOP IS COMING TO HELP ME. I DO SO MUCH APPRECIATE YOUR HELP. ITS JUST ME LOL! SO HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL REAL SOON. YOUR FRIEND, GSD77-LAURIE :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Cool Laurie ;)

Maybe if your PC person finds out what the problem is he could post here and let others know :lol::wink2:

Cheers
Joan:rose:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts