The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there!

Been posting for last couple of months and don't seem to have got the hang of inserting smiley faces. When posting such as now I have a box on the right with 15 little faces. When I click on more and see all those wonderful different ones I can't seem to get them onto my thread:(

Would love to jolly some threads up with other faces such as 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY' smiley faces.

As you've guessed I'm not fantastic with computers and just know enough to get me by. Maybe I'm just waffling because I'm shattered so off to bed I think.:hehe:

Mrs M

·
Inky
249 Posts
Hi Mrs M

:oops:

Do you mean this sort of thing?

I clicked on 'More' under the 15 faces and it opened a window of smileys, I then clicked on the one I wanted. It appeared in the text

I was wondering though where people are getting the happy birthday balloons from?

Love
Sara

·
Inky
249 Posts
Me again ... worked it out.

After you get the window of extra smileys up you choose a category at the top for the type of smiley you want.

Sara

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Yes thats how you do it Sara. Well done!

The other thing you can do if you have a regular, favourite smiley - say something for a birthday - is you can actually type in the code for it rather than clicking and inserting. For example this smiley :hapbirth: is inserted when you type the following: (just remember NOT to include the space I left after the first : as otherwise it would just insert the image and not the words to show you what I mean!

: hapbirth:

Try it....

Also try
: bday:

Cheers
Joan:rose:

·
Inky
249 Posts
Ah ha
:excited::excited:

How devilishly clever. Thanks Joan.
Sara

·
Registered
376 Posts
Well, I'll be. It turned out to be so simple. I always felt so bad posting because mine are so plain; especially the happy birthday postings. Although, in real life I'm very plain too, so maybe that's why. Anyway, now I'll have to spend an hour or so chcking them out!

Nutty

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Right lets give it a go.

Tried clicking on image from more pop up box still no luck.............

Stay with me on this I'll have a go at typing suggested by Joan.

: hapbirth:

Mrs M

I'm crossing everything in advance so here we go!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh no somethings not quite right.

Need more practice me thinks!:lol:

:hapbirth:

Mrs M

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Yes I've got it.:lol:

Beaware people I am now armed with these graphics and I'm not afraid to use them.
:yahoo:
:wavey:
:love:

All that's left to say for helping me out is :thanx:

Mrs M X

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
:excited::spin::woohoo::dancing::yahoo::cheer2:

Excellent!

Joan:rose:

·
Registered
30 Posts
hi im bridie im having the same problems as you new to computer its driving me mad but i can do a little more now than i could a few weeks ago.but like you everyone sends better smilies than me.i sit and wonder oh.how did they do that but felt to stupid to ask.so im going to read some of your replys..love bridie

·
Registered
30 Posts
yea here we go again im lost dont know were all my replys are going ive lost them.im trying to get the smillys too.got them all up . but were they have gone i dont know i cant seem to be able to join in without getting lost..sorry need more lessons i think.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Bridie

I'm sure you'll get there. When you click on new thread or reply do you get a pop up box where you type in your message. At the right hand side of that box do you have 15 faces and it says 'more' underneath them?

Click on more and you should be able to click on the one you want although I tried that loads of times and they refused to go onto my thread. I now type in the code as Joan suggested and that inserts the smileys for me once I click submit.

Hope this makes sense. Why not try posting a reply to this using method above and see how it turns out. You've got nothing to lose!

Love Mrs M x :cheer2:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Bridie

So sorry I didn't reply yesterday but as you guessed I was fast asleep :yawn:

It looks like you've got it :yahoo:

Well done you! Hope you have a great day

Mrs M x :wavey:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts