The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again and hope that you are all pain free today and feeling good.

I still can't seem to shake this flu thing that ended me up in the hospital.

It has been 8 days now. I do believe it was the 24 hour virus as I found out the friend and kids I were with had a 24 hour bug. No one seems to listen to me when I say "is anyone sick?" and they say "no". Not fair at all. So what was a 24 hour bug for them is now 8 days for me.

My blood pressure has come up some and is now 100/60. I am usually 120/70. It was 70/45 in the hospital. I still can't shake the nausua, cramps and sorry for the description but the bowels are light light white/tan. I am wondering if I should be concerned about that one or is it just from the flu? Maybe the virus still working its way out.

Well, I now have seen how Immuran can make you sicker and longer to heal.

I am very tired and very weak.

But each day I think today is the day that it will all end ! Well, today is not that day, but maybe tomorrow.

Hope all is well -

·
Registered
528 Posts
Hi Paula,

I am sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well at all. I hope that you feel better real soon. It sounds like you had it pretty bad. I, too, am always worse than the people who gave it to me. Get lots of rest and drink lots of water.

Take care,
Lisa

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Hi Paula,

Actually I think it wouldbe worth you getting checked out again. 8 days is really too long, and I don't like the sound of white/tan BM's. Sometimes this can indicate liver problems. It may be just that you've eaten next to nothing all week, but it would be sensible to get it checked. If possible, take a stool sample with you to the doctors or ER (whichever you chose as your first port of call.

Hope you feel better soon,

X C X

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Paula,

I'm sorry you've been so ill and I do agree that I think you should get that checked out again.

I'm lucky imuran hasn't done that to me at all and I still never catch a thing from anyone (touch wood).

Katharine

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hi Paula:)

I've not been diagnosed yet but just wanted to say that I had something similar over Christmas 2007! Friends and family had a touch of cold and kindly:hehe: passed it on to me!

I ended up in bed for 8 days and felt absolutely terrible. Flu symptoms, upset tummy, etc..... If you feel you're getting no better then maybe you need to see the doc's about it. Hope you're feeling better real soon and try to rest plenty.
Love Mrs M x

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I agree with the idea of a recheck - or asking your rheumy about backing off the Imuran for a while until you get over this.

I was about 3-5 times as sick (duration & frequency of "events") as the others in my family when the stomach flu hit -- also including a day in the ER as I required fluids. But the longest I was "out" was 5 days, and that was with the rotavirus.

Your friends very well may have been NOT sick when you visited, these germs can live on surfaces for several days and ordinary cleaning is usually not enough to eliminate all of them (it leaves enough behind to make another person sick even after a pretty thorough cleaning!).

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for your replies.

I am feeling better and my blood pressure is now 101/68. Coming up!

I never thought about the liver thing. I still have that color. Hmmm. I will give it to Monday and if still no change, I will call the doctor. Just figured it was from the flu.

Oh yes, it was the friend and her children I caught it from. The little girl had it on a Friday night to Saturday night. They came to my house on Sunday morning. Monday night I got it, and her other children and herself came down with it on Sunday night. I was exposed for sure. But as I said, 24 hour for them, 8 days for me.

Well, at least I got that flu out of the way !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts