The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,İ have just joined this site.İ was diagnosed with SLE in March this year.İ live in Turkey,and feel rather isolated as Turkish isn't my first language.
There are so many aspects to this desease,and i would love to make contact with others who know what i am going through.İ am suffering my first major flare since diagnosis,and am finding it a bit scary!
İ hate all the drugs i have to take,especially as my doctor has just upped my steroid dose to help me over this flare.

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Hi Carolyn and welcome to the site. I have found it to be a source of support and info. Sorry you have a diagnosis of lupus. You do well to deal with it in turkey if turkish isn't your first language. Join us in the chat room sometime!

I hope the pred settles your flare soon.

Deb

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Carolyn,

I live in Belgium and spend most of my day speaking French instead of English...

This site has been a wonderful place for me to come and speak my mother tongue as well as get absolutely wonderful support and make friends.

Everyone hates steroids :hug: and I do understand where you're coming from but they are sometimes very necessary. What other meds are you on? I'm presuming that you are taking some form of disease modifying treatment?

Bye for now,
Katharine

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hi Carolyn and welcome to the boards. I am so happy you found us here.

I am certain you will find this place a comfort to hang out in and you will find support, knowledge and compassion from a group of awesome people. I am sure it is frustrating to be in a country where you not good at the native language. I have been to France 2 times and do not speak any French.......I remember the frustration i felt.

Join us in the chat room sometime. It is English in there and we have fun.:wink2::wink2::wink2:

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
carolyn, Welcome, sorry your feeling so alone over in turkey,
but at least your not so alone now you have found us, come in and have a chat,

Yes i hate the steriods to, but its all part and parcel of this lot i supose, i would just love the day i don't have to take them,

i hope your flare soon passes for you, Now don't forget your no longer alone, we are here for you(((((((((((Hugs)))))))))) Lin xx

·
11,410 Posts
Hi Carolyn,

You have found the right place, not to fill alone living with SLE.:)

Learning that you have lupus is a rollercoaster ride of emotions.
I took pred to get over a flare that I was having. It was just a maintenance dose of 5 mgs. Pred is that love/hate medicine.

Take care and I look forward to hearing more from you.

Love,
Lyn

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hi Carolyn, welcome. :)
I know its not the same but I live along way from my family and best friend and though its within traveling distance whilst Im ill its out of the question to visit, so I know what you mean when you say isolated :worried:
This is a wonderful place to come and find solace, help, and often an uplifting laugh :rotfl: even when times are really bad so Im glad youve found us.
I was diagnosed in May and Ive been on and off prednisolone since. I hate it too but the way I see it is that it keeps me 'normal' and functioning. I'm still in a 'trial' period with meds as I guess you are too; things are beginning to settle down and my Drs are finding 'level ground' with me so hopefully thats happening with you too; try and give it time ;)
Take care and keep visiting, this is a great place to make friends and feel welcomed by people who truly understand.
Kx

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
carolyn horoz

İn answer to some of your questions,i take the following meds. Prednol 6mg ,surgam retard 300mg X2 ,Plaquenil 200mg X2,Parafon 250mg X3. These are the main ones,others i take to counteract the sideeffects of these.
İ just wondered how these meds conpaired to ones others are taking,who were diognosed in the UK,
İ wondered how long i could expect the flare to last?
My professor is 4 hours away in İzmir,so wont be going to see him until next month,although he is always contactable by telephone.İ am thinking of phoning him to see if i should up my drug intake to help me over this painful flare?
İ know everyone is different,but thought maybe some of you Lupus veterins maybe able to give me some pointers!

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Hi, I think everyone has flares differently, and it is hard to say how long a flare will last.

Your first post said your steroids had been upped to help the flare. I assume that hasn't worked or helped you? How long has it been? You could contact the rheumy to get some advice if you are at all worried. It could be the steroids haven't been increased enough.

Hope you improve soon.

Deb

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.