TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had weight gain from Cellcept? I noticed that since I increased dose I have a lot of bloating and gained a few pounds. I'm not doing anything else differently. I know because I keep a food journal.

Thanks!

·
Administrator
10,167 Posts
During the day I don't notice the bloating, only at night. The fix for me was to eat a smaller dinner.

Good luck with the Cell Cept. I hope it helps your symptoms.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi

I'm taking 2000mg per day since October . i find i get / feel bloated aroud tea time...
And eating bread at lunch time really bloats me more so i try and avoid bread products and only have them in the morning.

I've found by eating a smaller meal and tea/dinner early evening relieves the issues if not then i'm upin the early hours on the toliet.

Its been trial and error really the worse side effect i've found is hair loss really.

Julie

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
sorry to break into your thread germanshepards, but someone as mentioned hair loss?? oh no please dont say that... i have been on cellcept now for one week, and i hear weight gain and hair loss, anything else we should know? im down as it is :sad: gone fat over a stone in weight but that the prednislone....germanshepherd are you on them??

sorry Lin xx

·
Administrator
10,167 Posts
My hair was super thin prior to taking Cell Cept. Now my hair is thicker than it has ever been. It also came in curly.

:flower2:
Lazylegs

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
lazylegs mine went curly on Azthioprine for ages, now its curling again now :sad: thanks for info x

·
Registered
314 Posts
Cellcept

I've taken every med for Lupus that is out there. Cellcept is my last hope for stopping the lupus from further loss of lung function. I have lost 40% in last 4 years. I have been on cellcept for about 5 months. I have swollen lymph nodes and glands. Last week an ultra-sound showed a nodule on mt Thyroid, I will have biop. in a few weeks. Sometimes I feel like flushing all the meds, but I know this would be a bad choice! Thank God for my script plan, Cellcept here in central Illinois cost $1200.00 a month. I have not noticed any weight gain from Cellcept, but over the past 11 years since I was diagnosed, I have gained weight due to severe fatigue and depression. Hang in there! Rose SLE in Lungs, Raynauds, Neck and spine Arthritis, Acid reflex, Hiatial Hernia

1 - 7 of 7 Posts