The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Friends,

I recieved a letter in my mail, stating the my insurance will be offering Cellcept in generic now.

I am so happy :hehe::hehe::hehe::lol:

It is so terribly expensive in Name brand only. Even with insurance.

Those of you like myself, that take it, may ask your drs, about the generic availability of it, to save yourselves some money.

Love,
Sandy

·
11,410 Posts
That is good news Sandy.:woohoo:

I don't take it but have heard it is very expensive.

Thank you for sharing that information.:)

Love,
Lyn

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
That's great news for us here in Belgium as it is NEVER reimbursed and it is a subject that has recently been taken to parliament.

It seems that some things are coming out at the same time as my neuro has just told me that gabapentin (neurontin) is also now available in generic form.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Hi:

I actually switched to the generic this month. My co-pay on insurance went from 65 a month to 15! I see no difference except the pills are a bit larger and are not coated...swallowing them is a little tougher.

Stephanie

·
Registered
314 Posts
Thanks so much for sharing this news. I take 1500mg. CellCept a day. If I did not have a script plan the cost would be $1120.00 a month. I see my Rhumy next Thursday and will ask him about the generic brand. Take care, Rosie

·
Registered
56 Posts
Wow, thanks for that information. Cellcept has been covered by in my insurance in the past, but now that a generic version is out, I'll need to switch over for it to remain 100% covered. Does anyone know when the generic version became available in Canada?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.