The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
It has been a long time since I posted here, because I am dxd with vasculitis, but I am being switched from immuran to cellcept. I have read up on it, but am wondering what people's experiences have been. I am on 10 rxs now, for a variety of problems and trying to be informed before I start anything new.
Laker

·
Administrator
10,193 Posts
Hi Laker,

Initially I was a little dizzy and gassy. Both those symptoms went away once my body was used to the dosage.

It should be taken on an empty stomach. You can take it either one hour before eating or 2 hours after.

Since it affects your immune system you should discuss with your doctor what to do if you get sick with something else. My doctor has me drop off of it for a week, but not all do. The first time I went off of it I found out how much it was really helping.

I hope it works for you.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Hi:

I too had the gas problem when I started it, I also goit it each time they upped my dose. I must take on an empty stomach in the morning, I can't even drink a cup of tea for about 30 minutes or I spend the whole day feeling or being sick. The second dose I can take on an empty stomach with out negative effect. I have found some people who say they must have something in their stomach, so you will have to see what works best for you. You'll know immediately if you need to be empty or full I think.

A big bonus for me has been that all of the hair I had lost from Lupus and Arava grew back when I started on this!

I now take 2000mg of Cellcept, 400mg Plaquenil, 60mg Cymbalta, and 50mg Tremadol(s) as needed for pain to treat my Lupus...No more Prendisone, Vicodin, etc. I feel the best I have felt in 3 years, even the extreme fatigue seems to have gone with the last increase. The only time I get tired now is more "normal" if I overdo or overstress.

Best of luck with this med, I am very happy with it!

Stephanie

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow. I started it on Tuesday, and Sunday I woke up early with no joint pain and no fatigue. I am no longer "foggy" either. I haven't felt like this in several years. I am amazed. I hope it keeps working. Now I realize how sick I have been.

·
Administrator
10,193 Posts
Congratulations Laker! I am so happy that you are feeling so much better. Now that you feel better remember you still need to pace yourself.

Take care,
Lazylegs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts