The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
earthling
44 Posts
Hi Jules,
I have been on Cellcept for 3 years now and have not had any problems with it (I know I just posted a stomach issue post - but it's not related to medication)...anyway the cellcept has worked pretty well for me, I can take it on an empty stomach. Because I have blood sugar issues and can't always wait an hour when I wake up, I asked my rheumy if I could have food with it and she said that is not a problem. I usually doublecheck what my doctors tell me, as they think they know everything - and there are other people who have had stomach issues with it and take it with food. Sorry if this is rambling - not having a good day here. I've asked the alcohol question as well and rheumy and the doctors told me it's fine to have a drink and have a good time - this really surprised me - I think they meant every now and then, quality of life and having fun, that sort of thing. Alcohol can diminish the effects of medication and isn't good for health in general but if it's once in a while and you're not doing it every night it shouldn't be a problem in my opinion. Okay sorry about the rambling I'm off to bed!
Take care.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.