The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have swelling around their collarbone(not painful)? If so, what could it be? My right side seems to be a little more slightly swollen than the other, I've also had shortness of breath and I have this pain that goes up the side of my neck when I'm breathing really hard, the ER dr seem to think it was probably my muscles but never bothered to feel my neck or even look at it much less.:mad: I'm on Imuran/Plaquenil but I don't think those med's would cause that, I'm thinking it's related to SLE???

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Usually for me, a swollen node is due to infection. There are numerous reasons possible for it - just the most likely one is due to some sort of infection (even the infamous "virus" infection!)

·
Registered
27 Posts
My lymph nodes in my cervical area are always inflamed. They were before I was diagnosed and one got so big that it was quite visible without palpitating it. They said the other was just as large although I could not see it as it was more behind the bone. They have since decreased in size but still feel big to me. None of my doctors appear too concerned about it. I do notice that when I get rashes in the summer on my face and arms that the lymph nodes feel more enlarged, which I guess makes sense due to the inflammatory nature of the rashes.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your reply, my neck seems to bother me when I sleep I don't know if it's related or not, maybe? I'm gonna ask my rheumie about it next time I go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts