TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently contacted Angie at St Thomas' Lupus Trust to ask about organising some kind or walk to raise awareness for lupus (something much like the moon walk ect) this is a copy of the email she sent in reply...if any one is interested please let me know asap I would love to see a big group of us there to raise awareness!

"Hi Michele,

There is a 5k walk/run in Regent's Park on 10th May - that happens to be World Lupus Day. It's for lots of charities like the marathon (but nowhere near as big). I have some places but not loads, however if there was a real interest I could try and acquire more.

I did start organising a walk on World Lupus Day a couple of years ago but there was so little interest in the end I didn't bother doing it again. As usual people said they were keen but didn't follow through!

If you want to be part of 10th May let me know asap and I'll see how many more places I can grab. It's usually £25 to register and minimum £100 sponsorship for us.

Thanks!
Angie"

Please please let me know if you're interested I know 5k is a challenge for most of us but im up for it to get us noticed!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Dear Mooks, I would sponsor you, if you do it. Unfortunately even a hundred yards would be impossible for me to do. I know we are all different, but maybe the fact is that many of us simply cannot do this. I don't even have anyone in the family who would be able to do it. All have some health problem.
x Lola

1 - 3 of 3 Posts