The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having chest pains - some what similar to what I've had before "Costochrondritis" - a rapid heart beat - sometimes it feels like my heart is pounding so hard - and I have been extra tired and weak.
I went to the doctor and had chest x-ray and EKG - haven't heard anything back yet.
Now I'm thinking it could have just been anxiety.

Anyone else have similar problems?
There used to be a place to search these message boards, is that gone?

Jen

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
It's always best to have chest pain investigated, so I'm glad you went to the doctor. The tests they ran will not be enough to diagnose every cause of chest pain (especially in a lupus patient). Did they take any blood at all?

Anxiety is a possibility given the rapid heart rate feeling, but the other causes should be ruled out before that one is accepted. Good luck and I hope you hear back soon with the results and that you don't experience another episode whatever it is!

·
Administrator
10,208 Posts
Hi Jen,

We still have a search. It is on the same blue bar as the log out feature just below the main header.

I agree with Maia, it is always better to get chest pains checked out.

Take care,
Lazylegs

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.