The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to share with all of you about the untold doctor. It is a chiropractor. With lupus and other diseases comes a lot of pain and some from places we did not know could hurt. A chiropractor will help keep your body in line and swelling down. I am not saying that you will never have to take a pain med again only that it will help you manage and avoid some of the pain you may already have. It bothers me to see so many of you in pain and I have it too, but there are things we can do to help limit the amount of pain we feel and how often we have to deal with it. I can't wait to be able to see my chiro again.

Let me know your feelings about this and if any of you have found out what I have they are the forgotten doctors of pain relief.

·
florie
589 Posts
Tammy you are soooo right about the Chiro.

I am seeing one and he has done wonders for me. He can't cure me but he can definetly take pain away that was crippling me. We can be so out of alignment and they put those places back in line. And then we feel better.
Some people don't believe in Chiropractors,but to see one is to know. Mine has helped me with my TMJ and explained things to me about it that make sense. So i went to my dentist and sure enough my neck pain,dizziness,off balance,lower back ache , hip out of place was all connected to the TMJ. So I am getting my TMJ appliance in the works.

So glad you brought this up. :)
florie

·
Registered
49 Posts
OK guys talk to me......I have gone to a Chiro many years ago, before I was dx. At that time I did not have joint pain, I believe I went for lower back pain. It did help, the only complaint I had was he wanted me to come so often, and I felt like he just wanted my money. I have heard of people with joint pain going to the chiro and having success, it just makes me nervous. The thought of someone manipulating my joint makes me want to cry. Does it really help?

·
florie
589 Posts
Hi momof2boys,

I would not go to someone like that. My chiro does not set the appts. I do,when i want and feel i need it. I would get a reference from someone who can recommend a good chiro that will work with you. Massage is good too if you don't want manipulating of your joints. Sorry you had that experience,give someone else a try and ask questions. Tell them you just want to set appts. as needed. A gentle massage helps loosen those tight spots. Yes it can be expensive and with today's economy tell em your on a budget due to it.
I found my chiro threw my fiance. He is so wonderful,he charges me half price and i can even call him at home.

Wishing you luck, don't give up.. Hugs, Florie

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi,

I have been to a physical therapist which was helpful but would not go to a chiropractor. Physical therapists have more training and fair amount of medical knowledge in my country as part of their qualification. Chiropractors have none of that.

love
Lily

·
11,408 Posts
In the US it is different. Chiropractors take the same boards(to get their license) as a medical doctor takes to get their license. I know this for a fact because my son and daughter-in-law are chiropractors.

Just like any medical doctor there are good doctors and bad doctors. You have to choose your chiropractor like you do med. doctors.

Take care,
Lyn

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Thanks Lyn, here I note we do have some accredited courses from 3 universities but it would pay to check their qualifications. There are a plethora of "chiropractors" in my area, but most of them are not actually qualified in anything :hehe:

love
Lily

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for your input on the subject of chiro's. I just wanted to give people another way to handle some of their pain issues. I had forgotten all about them until I just went one day and when I walked out I did feel a little better. At one point I think I had reached the best place I could be at that time, as far as feeling ok again. I don't mean to say they cured me by no means, but by having things put in place again it easied some of the pain I was having. I am glad that some of you have tried this and it seems to work for you also. For the rest who have not tried it please give it a chance before falling into the chiro folklords that they don't know or help with anything. You have nothing to loose by going to one visit, right?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts