The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you fellow Lupies have gone from general fatigue, or maybe even fibro to Chronic Fatigue syndrome?

I think I have, but would like to hear from some of you to see if I'm just over reacting.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
CFS is something that can only be diagnosed officially/technically when a certain set of symptoms are experienced (beyond just fatigue) AND there are no other known causes for it. So anyone with a lupus diagnosis therefore can never have CFS diagnosis - officially. All that said, I think if I hadn't had a lupus diagnosis already, then I may well have been diagnosed with CFS as I had many of the symptoms of that. But since many are also symptoms of lupus (sore throat may be an exception to that) I wouldn't get that diagnosis.

As to fibro, there are also a very unique set of symptoms to get that. If you are concerned about that there are specific pressure points that will be positive on physical exam and there are treatments that can help that. Most treatments seem to help the pain side of things more so than the fatigue though... fatigue is a difficult thing to treat it seems.

Hope this helps - I can certainly say my fatigue has worsened in the last few years.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Before I was diagnosed with SLE I was diagnosed with CFS, now I supposed that is void, I do however have fibromyalgia, been diagnosed with that since 1989, and the specific trigger points occasionally flair up so I can tell the difference between what is lupus pain an fibro pain. Karly

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, ladies. I was dx with fibro first, then OA and then SLE. It's just that my fatigue has gotten so much worse in the past month I couldn't understand it. My rheumy says the lupus is in remission so I guess it must just be stress and the fibro.

I appreciate your interest and info.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Dear Merry,
Even if you are in remission I hope you are still pacing yourself and taking care.
I have a lot of fatigue with Lupus and Fibro. but I am on Disability which is a great help as I can be flexible in what I do each day. Today it was almost nothing. Sat in bed with laptop!
X Lola

1 - 5 of 5 Posts