The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
330 Posts
Hi Cad,

Sorry to hear about all the pain you are experiencing. I'm in a similar situation tying to deal with pericarditis. I'm on a high dose of prednisone (80 mg), but I still had to get extra pain medication. I was taking 18 mg hydromorphone contin and regular hydromorphone for breakthrough pain. Now I've had to go back to the Fentanyl patch (100 mg) with the breakthrough medication. I highly recommend the patch for management of the pain. You just change it every 3 days and the pain doesn't get out of control because you are always being "fed" the meds.

I was supposed to have dental work this week as well. I checked with my dentist and he thought I would be fine. I decided to wait though because I didn't want to take the chance of adding more stress to my body. I just got out of the hospital thought too, so I'm not that strong getting around yet.

I would check with the dentist, but follow you gut. Either way, I think it is very important to get the pain under control. It took me a long time to accept this. I always wanted to 'tough it out'. Not anymore.

Sorry if I'm rambling or not being overly helpful :). Good luck and sending you positive vibes.

Nutty

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.