TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please can anyone advise!

On the 12th May I will be having more bloods taken one of which will be for coeliacs!

What I need to know is what would be the minimum consupmtion of say wholemeal bread that I would need to eat to help either diagnose or disclude this disease in the weeks prior?

Last time I had the test nobody asked me about my diet before and I know that quite often I do not eat things that would help dignose with bloods! I don't want this to happen again as I need confirmation one way or the other!

Thanks in advance!

Lesley

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I think it's a total of about 4 slices of bread a day. Keep in mind eating many types of cereals, bread, pastries, and many other things have gluten in it these days so it's actually hard to avoid. So it's not like you have to eat just bread to get it all in ;)

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Maia,

Thanks thats the problem! My intake of biscuit,cakes and pastries is only very occassional - not much even in a month! I don't really eat bread either, perhaps 2 slices a week - I hate cereals! This is not something I choose to do with my diet it just happens that I prefer fruit, nuts, salad, vegetables and fish etc.! I have pittas about once a week! I do notice when I go out for dinner and eat things that I don't consume at home I'm in agony and have bowl problems!

This is why I need to know what will help either clince a diagnoses or say I am okay for this particular problem!

Perhaps I need to have a sandwich diet just for the next 1.5 weeks!

Thanks again!

Lesley

·
Registered
61 Posts
To be honest you will need to be on a full gluten diet for about 6 months. It all depends on the amount of reaction and inflamation you have so many tests come back negative, but if you haven't just swapped from gluten free and you are having symptoms then you should react. And white bread has far more gluten in then wholemeal so you may want to take that into consideration.

Good luck with the test :)

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the extra advice 'Wolf in the Shadows'!

Lesley

1 - 5 of 5 Posts