The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please can anyone advise!

On the 12th May I will be having more bloods taken one of which will be for coeliacs!

What I need to know is what would be the minimum consupmtion of say wholemeal bread that I would need to eat to help either diagnose or disclude this disease in the weeks prior?

Last time I had the test nobody asked me about my diet before and I know that quite often I do not eat things that would help dignose with bloods! I don't want this to happen again as I need confirmation one way or the other!

Thanks in advance!

Lesley

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Maia,

Thanks thats the problem! My intake of biscuit,cakes and pastries is only very occassional - not much even in a month! I don't really eat bread either, perhaps 2 slices a week - I hate cereals! This is not something I choose to do with my diet it just happens that I prefer fruit, nuts, salad, vegetables and fish etc.! I have pittas about once a week! I do notice when I go out for dinner and eat things that I don't consume at home I'm in agony and have bowl problems!

This is why I need to know what will help either clince a diagnoses or say I am okay for this particular problem!

Perhaps I need to have a sandwich diet just for the next 1.5 weeks!

Thanks again!

Lesley

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the extra advice 'Wolf in the Shadows'!

Lesley

1 - 3 of 3 Posts