TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Yesterday I started coming down with something, it seemed to be my sinus. Then last night I started coughing and loosing my voice. Today I could hardly get out of bed and feel dreadful with headache, sore throat and bad nose. The fatigue is awful! Consequesntly I have had the day off work.

My question is:

As I have been going through treatment for a flare with pred (weaned off completely 3 days ago) can this be a sympton of the flare again? Or is it my body reacting to the finish of the pred? Or simply the flu?

I can't get over how ill I feel when this sort of thing usually just slows other people down. I feel like a Hypochondriac!

I hate feeling so useless and pathetic! :sad:

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
sounds to me like a case of the flu - but if you are worried by your symptoms, call your doctor.

Ughh, flu can be the pits, hope you feel better soon. Rest up, drink lots of fluids and don't forget to take whatever keeps your temp down best

raglet

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
HI Lyn is there a flu bug going on around you if not then i would give the doctor a phone hope you feel better soon best wishes Elisabeth:)

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I don't think it's likely to be due to prednisone withdrawal effects. Flu is a distinct possibility if you have a fever. If not, I would guess some viral illness. They always increase my joint pain and fatigue beyond what a "healthy" person would get...

If you have any concerns or it lasts longer than 5 days at this kind of level... I'd call a doctor. Hope you're feeling better soon!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts