TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Has anyone, had a colonoscopy, while taking CellCept? I am having my third one today. I drank the magic potion, and played queen, for a day..having spent most of the morning, on the throne! :lol::lol:

I was not taking CellCept, for the first two tests, however. I am just wondering what the risk of infection is, after such a procedure.

I didn't talk my Rheumy concerning, this test. My family dr. ordered it.

Thank You..And have a great day! :)

Love,
Sandy

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Hi Sandy,

I have no idea what risk of infection is taking CellCept and having a Colonoscopy!

Just wanted to wish you well and hope that you do not have ny adverse reactions!

x x x
Lesley

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Your GI doctor (person doing this test) should know about all your medications prior to this procedure. If you want to be extra cautious, then you can be sure to talk to the doctor right before the procedure about any precautions you need to take given that you are now on Cellcept.

There is a risk of infection with this, but it's pretty low. I had two different antibiotics placed in my IV before I had one done but that was because I have 2 leaky heart valves. And they were definitely going to take some biopsies (plus I ended up needing a polyp removed too which came as quite a surprise to everyone given I was only 37).

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank You,

Leslie and Maia,

I did have a nurse consult, two weeks prior to today, and told her all the meds, I took. She said to continue taking them all, with the exception of the aspirin and narcotic pain reliever.

I am through fine..The nurses had a hard time getting my i.v. in and stuck me five times..finally, getting it in on the fith attempt in my right hand.

I stayed awake long enough to see some pictures, of the inside of my bowels. I guess, I was very talkative while under! LOL

I had one polyp removed..will, gets results in seven days.

I am glad to get that BEHIND me! :lol::lol::lol:

Thank You, for your replies..

Sandy

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Glad it all went well and its BEHIND you now!

:joke:
Hope the test results are okay!

Take care!

Lesley​

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Hi:

I have had a colonoscopy since I have been on CellCept, I too had a small polyp removed...I had no problems at all.

That Dr had been where no man has been before....LOL

Stephanie

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Oh my gosh Sandy you are so funny.I was laughing so hard i had to go to get rid of water :lol:.You have to have a sense of humor when it coems to having them done for sure.It is so much worse then a paps test :lol:I have to have them done once every three years:sad:because i had a brother that had colon cancer so they are very impotrant to all us.I am so glad everything came out okay :rotfl:with it and sure hope when you get the results back things are all good:).Take care.and dont loose that sense of humor((((hugs)))).

Tammy:)

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Sandy,

Good luck with your results :luck: That's one test I haven't had the 'pleasure' :rolleyes: of going through and I must say I am in no hurry to either :eek:

Good you can see the upside of it though :lol:

love
Lily

·
11,405 Posts
Hi Sandy,:)

I am very happy that your test is behind you too.:rotfl:

Good luck on the test results.

Love,
Lyn

1 - 10 of 10 Posts