The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
=)
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hellooo everyone!!...don't know if im writing this in the wrong part..but if i am, sorry!! :hehe:

Rightttt.. i have lupus nephritis class 4, for those of you that dont know me!!..i had a hospital appt with my nephrologist about 3 weeks ago now..everything seemed fine at my appt..but i always have blood tests afterwards so i had them done as normal. the results go to my nephrologist but also to my GP to let him know whats going on with me..but i also receive the letter that is sent to my GP so i know whats going on too.
Everytime i get these letters, they are always positive and manage to put my mind at rest untill my next appt! (im a worrier!! would you believe :eek: )

i received the letter from my last appt about 5 days ago now but im really confused about what it means!

it says that my last PCR was 27 (whats PCR?!?!?) and i was negative for protein which is good..but but says he has noticed that the creatinine levels are lowly rising..which i know is not good..but is this anything to worry about as im feeling really well. them levels are rising but im still negative for protein? when i was in hospital in oct 07 before diagnosis, my creatinine levels were 122 (which i was told was start of kidney failure) and they managed to get it down to 80..but now theyre rising! but not sure what they're at just now which doesnt help at all :(

it also says there has been no anti-DNA antibody titre for a while, so he did an extra blood test...what is an anti-dna antibody..ive never heard of it!! :eek:

although this sounds like a problem to me...he still reduced my prednisolone down to 5mg daily..and still doesnt want to see me for 2 months? so am i worrying over nothing or is this something to worry about?? please help!!!

thanks!! ..and sorry its abit long! :)

claire xx

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Hello Claire
I certainly wouldn't worry - leave that to your doctors since they are obviously keeping a close eye on you and it's a good sign that they are lowering meds.
The anti ds -DNA antibodies are a hallmark of lupus and associated especially with kidney disease. They are one of the few antibodies or other bloodwork that are regarded as showing disease activity so it is very good if they are no longer detectable.

About the PCR and the creatine see :

http://www.kidney.org.uk/Medical-Info/ckd-info/creatinine.html

Doctors base their decisions on an overall view of all the factors. I would trust them. It's great that you are making such good progress ! :)

Clare

·
=)
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
aww thanks clare...you've helped to put my mind at rest abit!! although..only problem is....its writtin on the letter saying "unfortunately there has been no anti DNA antibody"...thats why it confused me, it was the word unfortunatley!!! lol

thanks alot for the reply really appriciate it :)..hope your well

claire xx

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Doctor's often dictate their letters and mistakes get typed in too... ;)

Maybe that's all there is to that "unfortunately". No DsDNA is a very good thing... as is no protein! Creatinine can start to rise sometimes due to medications - especially NSAID's. If you're feeling great though, and the two most important things are currently negative, I'd just continue to feel great and not worry!

·
Registered
869 Posts
If you have been feeling really well and more active, I am under the impression from my Dr. that increased excercise can also cause a raise in creatin. Take Care:)

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
(((((Claire)))))

I'm sorry I don't have any advice for you,just want to send you a big hug.

I hope everyone elses advice has eased your mind now.

take care,bye for now :hug:
love karen x

1 - 7 of 7 Posts