The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my old rheumy left so I found another one last oct.Well right away he had me decrease my predisone to none now plus when he did the blood works every thing pretty much doubled.My ana went from1250 a year and a half ago to 2760 now,all my test were abnormal,he only did the blood work in oct and has not done any since.I am on cellcept 2000mg aday.I asked him if my lupus is under control and he told me to talk to my nuero i did that and he said my rheumy would have to determine that.I have an appointment today and dont even feel like going because its a 2 hour drive,and i get there and he says everything looks good,and gives me a presciption.Not to sure if he knows what he is doing.Did anyone else ever have this kind of problem with a doctor?

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
The ANA is not really a sign of any kind of disease activity - so I wouldn't worry about that doubling. The real question is how do you feel while on your present treatment? You are truly the person that would best know how well you are getting on... and if your lupus is causing you pain/fatigue, etc. Getting off steriods, if your symptoms are still manageable, would be a very good thing in my opinion.

I've had about the opposite problem of you - where I go in with joint pain and fatigue (and other symptoms) and have felt slightly offput by doctors saying your lupus is not active due to a normal sed rate! It sounds like your rheumy is not quite the right fit for you ... It's very unfortunate you have to drive so far to see one at all, are there any others that you could go to that you may end up being more comfortable with?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts