The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Hope you are all doing well :)

Could someone help me clear this up. Several weeks ago I let you know that I was diagnosed with urticarial vasculitis. Still awaiting my dermy appointment where they are going to go through things with me and maybe give me meds!

I've got a copy of the skin biopsy results and at the bottom it says I have lymphocytic vasculitis:hehe: Is this the same as urticarial vasculitis?

Also for the last couple of weeks I am suffering really bad with itching of my scalp. It really gets to the point where it drives me mad:eek: My hubby keeps checking but can't see any sores or redness. What can this be due to? Any thoughts would be most appreciated ;)

Just to mention I've just got through a couple of rough days in bed. I've felt really weak and started suffering with pains in my back just below my shoulder blade. Also a couple of days ago my heart skipped a beat and then seemed to thump really hard afterwards until it returned to normal!!! Are these all new things that should be said to dermy when I go in a couple of weeks?

Mrs M xx

PS Happy Easter :wiggle:

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Mrs. M.

I really don't know much about skin conditions but I am sure others will be able to help you.

Sorry you have been so rough. The palpitations can feel really worrying can't they. I would certainly get it checked but with me I found that having been checked out and reassured it just vanished.

x Lola

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Lola

Thanks for your reply. Hopefully somebody will be along shortly to help and I am going to mention pain to the doc.

Hope you are doing well:)

Mrs M x

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Mrs. M, I am not doing as well as I would like. Ugh, have had to let Hubby get the wheelchair out and dust it down for use! I almost gave it away in an optimistic spell as I really haven't used it for quite a while.

Otherwise, family wise, pet wise etc. life is not at all bad. (Shame I can only live it for a couple of hours a day right now!
x Lola

·
Registered
289 Posts
Hi Mrs M

My understanding is that the term "lymphocytic " in "lymphocytic vasculitis" indicates that your vasculitis is associated with an increased number of lymphocytes. When the number of lymphocytes increases, symptoms may result from the infection or other disease that has caused the number of lymphocytes to increase, rather than from the increase in lymphocytes per se.

I assume that your consultant knows/has assumed that the lymphocytes are autoimmune in origin (from blood tests/history?), and has translated the biopsy results to urticarial vasculitis. There is a detailed article on this at:

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1085087-overview.

Hope this helps. Take care.

Merle

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Merle

The article was great and helped me understand a little more about it. Hopefully now I know a little more on the subject my appointment with the dermy team on the 23rd of this month might go well! Fingers crossed:hehe:

Mrs M x

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Good luck with your appointment.

A friend of mine is getting over uticarial vasculitis and it is not fun.

Let us know how you get along moving ahead.:wink2:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Karol

Hopefully they can get me back on track when I go to the appointment!
Thanks for replying and I will let you all know how it goes;)

Mrs M x

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Mrs. M,
I would tell the doctor about the pains in the heart and the beating funny. I am not sure if the things are the same or if they are different. I am sure someone on the site will be able to help you with that part of it very soon. Make sure to let the doctor know about your nice visit with the bed also as it might be able to be helped in the future to be shorter maybe. I tell my doctor everything I can at my visit so he can treat me the best that he can and in the future can not say that I did not tell him that was going on. We are a team and have to work together. Since we are not doctors we have to share what is going on with the doctor and he has to make sense of what it means. I hope you feel better and start doing better soon.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Tammy

Thankyou for your advice.;) Sorry I'm just replying but I've had another terrible couple of days and felt pretty unwell:(

Turns out I have inflammation in my ear canal and to say it hurts is an understatement!!! Just started using an ear spray prescribed by nurse at my GP surgery so let's hope I can sleep tonight:hehe:

Once again thanks for all your replies and well wishes. Hope you are all doing okay.

Mrs M xx

1 - 11 of 11 Posts