The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I saw the rheumy yesterday and everything is pretty good.

However as usual my right knee was extremely swollen. He drained it of the tiny amount (we're talking 2 mms!) of fluid on it and gave me a cortisone injection to kill the inflammation. I've had 2 previous injections of this (one in the knee and one in the bum!) but I don't remember those areas hurting as much as my knee does right now! It hurts more now than before he injected me!

Has anyone else found this after a Cortisone injection?

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
yes i have but not everyone ive had, i have had them in my elbow once didnt hurt, then one time it did hurt

had it in hip and it didnt hurt, So im not sure weather it depends on who does them or you at the time. sorry no help hey
but they do say it can hurt sometimes before it gets better if that makes sence.....
but i do hope your pain goes soon Lin xx

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Lin, that's reassuring.

My whole legs (both of them!) feel really achey today - the ache is right down deep into my shin bones - if that makes sense!

Am hoping a bath and a lie down when I get home will help.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
hi becks

yes I had to have my knee drained & cortisone injected into it quite a few years ago when it swelled up like a balloon,I couldn't bend it at all!..I do remember it being painful to have it.my rheumy at the time warned me it would hurt when I saw the size of the needle :eek: :)
( LIN...your elbow!!ouch! poor you!!:sad: )

personally my knee felt great afterwards though,so much better...sorry to hear you're experiencing pain becks,hopefully it will ease by tomorrow.however I would see your GP if it gets worse or doesn't settle for you.

good luck,get plenty of rest & fingers crossed it eases.
take care..karen x :hug:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi Becks- I just had an injection in both knees and one in my left hip. My hip didn't hurt but my knees felt a whole lot worse. I keep reminding myself it will get better, and it is worth it in the long run.
Delana

1 - 5 of 5 Posts