TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I woke up with shoulder pain, a lil while later it was sever pain in both shoulders and down my arms, hips, and general body aches. I found myself not able to lift my arms, even moving my pillow or blanket off me was impossible, I struggled to do everything. Keep in mind I was supposed to be taking care of my one month old son. Luckily my mom was able to come and spend the day and night with him. As the day went on the pain worsened and my hands and arms felt like they wanted to curl towards my body during the bad pain spells. Called the rheumy she called in medrol dose pack, but the pain got so severe I couldnt catch my breath at times so went to ER, blood work was "fine" Low white blood count but overall ok. Basically I was wondering has anyone experienced this. I have always had joint pain and aches, but never to this degree. This morning after a decent night sleep since my mom took care of baby and taking the first dose of medrol last night i can move more, but I am still very sore and stiff. When I pick something up or pull something towards me the sharp shooting pains are back.

Sorry such a long posting. Any advice or similar experiences would be appreciated. It was a very scary feeling to not be able to move my arms and dont want it to happen again especially since I have my lil one to worry about. Help is not always available, like today.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Babtblues,

Congratulations on your new little Baby!

Yes I have had the sore shoulder and numb/aching, powerless arms. I usually get it when I wake up in the morning and sometimes it lasts a day or two and at other times it fizzles out during the day. The rheumatologist I saw (only been once - 'cos I was dxed in Feb this year) sent me for x rays which didn't reveal anything significant. So I felt like a bit of a fraud! But it has happened to me so often and at times when one arm is more painful than the other I have to use the good arm to help lift and move the other arm.

I can only imagine that your responsibility with your new little one makes having aches and pains doubly inconvenient, irritating and exhausting! I wish I could give you advice but \I'm a bit of a novice here and all I can do is wish you well!

All the best to you
Colleen

1 - 2 of 2 Posts