The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I watch too much info commercials... lol Ive seen a lot of creme to help cover up scars... and well...my skin, thanks to lupus is very scarred... i have pretty low self esteem because of it....

What do you use for dark big scars on your body?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
\ also use Bare Minerals~I purchased the starter pack off of the infommercial, but I buy all the rest from QVC.com.
I love it for many reasons-it is a must have in my opinion.
I also want to let you know I have very sensitive skin and cannot use most of the make-ups out there. So, I mean this is the best.
Good Luck,
Becca:p
I think the brand name is Bare Escentials-it is the best mineral make-up.:)

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Can we get this in the UK??? It would be a great help to me.
Sheila xox

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Bio oil thats made in oz but is available worldwide is very good too...also coco butter...and vit e......

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
It is available in the UK. Google Bare Escentuals. I think I'm going to try it too as I have heard so many rave reviews of it. I don't have any actual scars but some very red areas on my face.

Body make up like dermablend, cosmetic camouflage, are probably more suitable for the body than using regular face make up.

Bio oil is very helpful for dryness but oils and face creams do nothing for redness or scar camouflage. I've been using bio oil on my finger and toe nails too Maybe any oil would be just as good.

Good luck it's a real problem finding something suitable for major defects.

:(

Clare

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Thanks Clare I found some online links that sell it in the Uk. :)
Hugs Sheila xxx

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
I am interested in seeing about this bare essential
for scar on my face but when i look it up it looks like powder and how the heck do you know which one is for you? It seems very confusing on all the sites.....nothing specific to just scars.

I don't think they sell in pharmacies in the states.

Any suggestions ?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks guys for the replies. but i already know about the mineral make up for the face.. i use jlynnecosmentics and i feel it's much better than bare essentuals, and bare minerals because it doesnt contain bismuth and it comes in SoOoOo many different shades and all! (in which i can even mix the two to come up with the perfect shade for the day, month, season!)

she also sells 'em in little samples, and a little goes a very long way! (she ships internationally and also is individual owned, and is very ncie!) ive been using it for more than 2 years now, and in love!

but anyways. lol

back to the post. i was wondering about for the body? like my arms and stuff? not just from hte lupus, but from the skin biopsy they did (stoopid doctor did it right on my arm.)

tia!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Scarring etc

There is a really good product called Prolagene Gel from Decleor. Its a light gel that works wonder on scars, blemishes etc. You can buy it from QVCUK.co.uk/QVC.com. Bare escentuals can also be purchased on line from QVC

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
That's interesting about the bismuth. I looked it up and see there are a number of makes of mineral make up that don't contain this or any other additives.

:)

Clare

·
Registered
1 Posts
Colorscience covers well

I have tried bare essentials and it works nicely, but colorscience covers completely to a point you do not see any flaking or peeling and it looks good. My eyebrows have folliculitis and get infected, form cysts, drain and take forever to heal so I need really good coverage sometimes, and this works. Color selection isn't the best, but they work for just about everyone. It's the compact that is the best. It is also a mineral powder makeup so it will not harbor bacterial no matter how long you have it and how many times you use it. I don't know if there is a site on here you can order it from, I get it from my dermatologist, but I'd check it out. I'm 53 and it can set up in some of the lines if I put it there, but I don't. I use liquid around eyes and mouth and the Colorscience in the cystic, acne like dermatitis that peels and flakes and embarrasses me to death. I have to draw on my eyebrows since they have almost all fallen out-I look like a witch. Do any of you know how I can get eyebrows that look like I have eyebrows with a pencil, powder,etc. and one that stays on-on top of the colorscience powder-the colorscience doesn't come off until you want it off-soap and water. I t also seems to help the dermatitis whereever I use it-it dries it up and helps get the area cleaned up. salco

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
For the eyebrows: I know that this may not be an option due to the cost and also some that say it can cause a flare - tatoo -

My mom has no eyebrows and she went to the salon and they tatoo the eyebrows on. I thought she lost it ! But they look actually good and you cannot tell. However, it needs to be maintained - the upkeep- it has been a year and she needs to have them touched up again. I think the cost she said is $150.00 to do that. But, she is always worried about her brows and this worked so well.

As for the coverup for the scar. I am intersted too but the problem I have is the scar is indented so if it is a lotion type cover up the line shows.

For the color of the scar (redness to fade ) and believe me this works VERY well - is Mederma. The plastic surgeon recommended and you can buy in pharmacy, BJ's is the best price for those who live in the states. It fades away the redness.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts